Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seafood: Where to buy Pangasius fillets?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi guys. Anyone know if I can buy Pangasius fillets in Galway city? Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can try the usual good fish places.
    Gannet Fishmongers at the markets.
    Galway Bay Seafoods down the docks, behind the Harbour hotel.
    GBS have a massive range so will have most types of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

McDonaghs chippy do it, you may be able to buy a few fillets off them, if not im sure you could ask where they get it from!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Thanks Guys, I'll check 'em out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have a friend who buys at the docks regular and reckons you can get just about anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Saw em in the freezer of the fish shop behind the harbour hotel just a few days ago.............I remember the name because I'd never heard of them before, what are they like??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I have no idea! Saw them as part of a fish dish I want to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Lucifer31 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Anyone know if I can buy Pangasius fillets in Galway city? Much appreciated.

The Afro-Caribbean store on Prospect Hill usually have them frozen..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

gannet also have an outlet on the ground floor of the eyre sq centre...between the butchers and the dry cleaners...great selection and helpful staff.

Advertisement