Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C.."i love you"

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I don't always venture in here - but I don't see too many C&C threads around the place.

I've started playing with 3D text and had some plans for something like this:

4652958729_1799ccdcc5.jpg

There is some background to this image along with stock and font credits in this blog post here.

Basically I'm interested in any comments people have from a technique point of view. I wasn't 100% happy with the way the heart turned out and I'm not sure how to describe what I wanted to achieve although I think it's probable that I got the lighting wrong.

The software I used was Photoshop CS3 and Xara3D6 for the text. I've a bit to learn to get used to using the Xara3D6. The key problem I had laying out the text related to getting the perspective right on a piece of text that is comparatively short but it's not much longer in any other language I speak so I didn't have scope for cheating.

I'm also interested in how people feel about the concept of the piece per se. I obviously like it but am biased since I spent a lot of time assembling it yesterday. For me it's a learning piece - I only picked up this sort of stuff lately.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hi Calina.
    It doesn't really work for me TBH but I like the idea.
    The text is too strong and looks too much like the ugly impact font.
    From a brief read of your blog post (sorry :0) you mention a dagger.
    Perhaps you need a sharper font with more curves. You could even fill a dagger shaped path with the text.

The heart looks OOF but the text remains sharp.
    Perhaps try a lens blur with an additional channel to manage the blur (just like a layer mask).

Why not create the text in PS using vanishing point or simply free transform?

Also some shadows might help.

Advertisement