Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hope the dog is okay?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but I know but here it goes:

A while back (about 3 weeks ago) my mother was walking the dog up by Liam Mellows GAA club in Renmore, along by the cliff-top towards the barracks. The dog is quite a big husky and I suppose, if you weren't familiar with it..you (or as in this case, a small dog) could get scared by it. The dog was on a lead but it can be a little bit hyper. It's young and it's very social towards other dogs. Anyway, there was a couple walking towards my mother with their own little dog (which as far as I can tell was not on a lead). When it came near to my mother's dog it got spooked and started running. It must not have been looking where it was going because it ran off the cliff. The cliff isn't too high by human standards but it could be quite high by small dog standards. The owner ran down to it and picked it up. That was the last we heard of the incident because the owner rushed off with it. It wasn't my mother's fault but she did feel bad about the poor thing. I was asking her lately if she ever heard anything about it or if she ever bumped into the same couple again. She didn't so hence this post. Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

This is a long shot but I know but here it goes:

A while back (about 3 weeks ago) my mother was walking the dog up by Liam Mellows GAA club in Renmore, along by the cliff-top towards the barracks. The dog is quite a big husky and I suppose, if you weren't familiar with it..you (or as in this case, a small dog) could get scared by it. The dog was on a lead but it can be a little bit hyper. It's young and it's very social towards other dogs. Anyway, there was a couple walking towards my mother with their own little dog (which as far as I can tell was not on a lead). When it came near to my mother's dog it got spooked and started running. It must not have been looking where it was going because it ran off the cliff. The cliff isn't too high by human standards but it could be quite high by small dog standards. The owner ran down to it and picked it up. That was the last we heard of the incident because the owner rushed off with it. It wasn't my mother's fault but she did feel bad about the poor thing. I was asking her lately if she ever heard anything about it or if she ever bumped into the same couple again. She didn't so hence this post. Anyone know anything?

That cliff isn't high? sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

^^^
    Yes, I wouldn't like to fall from it.. Or maybe it was where it has "2 levels/stages" like 2 small cliffs?? Anyways, Hope the dog was OK, some 'small' dogs can prove to be tough as fcuk and take a good blow...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wow I've heard of dogs doing stupid things but running off a cliff!...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

A dog I had years ago fell off that cliff & died. rip

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Poor rip

• Advertisement

How old was rip when he died?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

amiable wrote: »

you consider this witty? ever have anything that you cared about suddenly die?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    you consider this witty? ever have anything that you cared about suddenly die?

Plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Op why didnt your mam wait around to ask the owner? am i a cruel bastard for finding this story minutely funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

You are all wrong the answer was
    a) Lord Kitchener.

Hope that dog is alright but it was 3 months ago so yeah its a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Asmodean wrote: »
    Op why didnt your mam wait around to ask the owner? am i a cruel bastard for finding this story minutely funny?

She did wait around but the owner of the dog had to race off with it. She couldn't find out anything because the owner had left. It was approx. 3 weeks ago, not 3 months (from next post).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poor rip
    Be more amiable in future please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement