Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog in an apartment

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

There's not really a whole lot to say now. Toby's still on the loose. don't know what was meant to happen with the dog warden, but he hasn't come out. Have a feeling he wasn't asked to though.

I was told we'd try to sedate him again. but was fobbed off for a good few days. I texted yesterday saying I have to give the keys back to the school soon, so can we try sedate him in there soon. got a text this morning saying she checked this morning and he's not in the school so I should go give back the keys. he's never in there during the day so I don't know why it was assumed he would be this morning. she said she'll keep trying him. don't know what this is meant to mean. she can't catch him with the pole, and he won't get into the trap, and can't sedate him out in public, so basically I think this means she officially gives up.

I'm going to hold onto the keys for now. I'll check over in the school tonight and if he's there I'll ring her and so we might get to sedate him. I'll give it a couple more days, but I don't think he goes in there at night anymore. I'll just hold onto them a little while longer, cos I don't want an excuse to give up on him. there's nothing left to do really. so this is the last option.

I'll update again in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

Thanks for keeping us posted stupidusername!, You really have the patience of a saint , your persistence is commendable. I really, really hope that it all comes good for you and Toby, God knows you both need a break!!! Fingers crossed.

ok well I've just about given up. well no I haven't, animal welfare have. Am going to give the key back to the school today as Toby doesn't sleep in there anymore.

There's nothing more to do really. He's lasted over two months on the roads now, so I suppose there's a chance he'll have a good while left before he gets knocked down. I'll continue to feed him anyway but it's only a matter of time before something kills him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

He was nearly run over in Garryowen on Tuesday night.
    I was driving past the back of the dog track and spotted him crossing the road so stopped to let him pass but he went back on the path.
    Then he decided to go back on the road and a car was speeding on the other side of the road but thankfully they spotted him.

It really is only a matter of time before his luck runs out :(

Millie wrote: »
    It really is only a matter of time before his luck runs out :(

yep

• Advertisement

I cant believe it, why is he so bloomin stubborn, I just hope and pray that one of these days he cops on that there are people who are trying to help him. Well done OP for all your efforts so far, Im sorry that it hasnt ended well for you. Please keep us posted if you have any updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

This drama has finally had a happy ending :D

If you read page 88 of this weeks Post there is a fab piece about "Toby" now Blackie who has been rescued by a new family.
    He is now happy and living a lovely life in his new home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Yay that's great news :D

Thanks millie, I may never have seen that only for you.

I'm so relieved!

Help!! Im completely stupid, I cannot find this post and I really want to find out what happened to Toby as I have followed stupidusername's story for weeks and weeks. Can someone repost or tell me exactly how to get to it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Jackob wrote: »
    Help!! Im completely stupid, I cannot find this post and I really want to find out what happened to Toby as I have followed stupidusername's story for weeks and weeks. Can someone repost or tell me exactly how to get to it? Thanks

I'm guessing that The Post is a local newspaper.

Here's the link http://limerickpost.ie/

go to open the digital edition, and go to page 88.

Millie wrote: »
    This drama has finally had a happy ending :D

If you read page 88 of this weeks Post there is a fab piece about "Toby" now Blackie who has been rescued by a new family.
    He is now happy and living a lovely life in his new home :)

Millie,

COuld you please repeat the story here on Boards as I would love to read the happy ending to this tale and have no way of seeing it otherwise!! Thanks

Sorry forget what I just wrote!! Have just seen the link above

Advertisement