Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to increase prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Call rounding, UP!

Sneaky buggers. Not that it bothers me as I ditched them years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Is this technically not theft? After all, they clearly have the ability to bill to the nearest second, so by rounding up to the nearest (higher) minute by choice they are effectively knowingly charging you for something that you haven't used?

Ahem, but shouldn't the regulator slap this one down?

What if petrol pumps just started "rounding up" to the nearest litre??????

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Didn't they use to round up to nearest minute or 3 minutes when it was all electromechanical? No excuse not to have per second billing since exchanges went Digital circa 1985. This is a backward leap to the 1960s by a desperate company.

What next? Operator connect rate charge for any STD calls, i.e. calls outside your own 0x area? This will accelerate the loss of lines to Mobile services.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Was there not legislation brought in, in 2006/7 after eircom's over billing scandal see here: http://www.rte.ie/business/2004/0803/eircom.html

Something wrong with this move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Definitely seems like pure desperation.
    Really hope comreg nip this in the bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

i fled this particular nest long ago, but they had me bent over and did not use lube, never again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They have to or they're going bust.

Not like they're not probably going bust anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

banquo wrote: »
    They have to or they're going bust.

Not like they're not probably going bust anyway...
    There going to go bust after these hikes even im think of leaving them now.

Advertisement