Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My final proposed build (hopefully)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Charlington

Oh I know that, but I don't want to take any chances and have a little extra length for cable routing.
    Fair enough, You will only need one though, for the ODD, the hard-drive bays are closer to the mobo. Get a right angled cable if you can and your case will look very tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Fair enough, You will only need one though, for the ODD, the hard-drive bays are closer to the mobo. Get a right angled cable if you can and your case will look very tidy.

BTW, do you have any experience with Ebuyer? If so, what are they like? I've gotten positive opinions so far but want some more.

None. I've ordered from Komplett and HWVS, I can vouch for both. Even though Komplett are having a "hard time" at the mo with everyone moaning about the website and all, I've just ordered a tv from them. You only hear about the horror stories, if you ever go down to the Komplett pick-up point you will see there are loads of people who buy through them everyday, so I recommend them if they have everything in stock. (you can always post in the komplett forum and double check that the parts are in)

None. I've ordered from Komplett and HWVS, I can vouch for both. Even though Komplett are having a "hard time" at the mo with everyone moaning about the website and all, I've just ordered a tv from them. You only hear about the horror stories, if you ever go down to the Komplett pick-up point you will see there are loads of people who buy through them everyday, so I recommend them if they have everything in stock. (you can always post in the komplett forum and double check that the parts are in)

Yeah, I used to order from Komplett, I ordered two hard drives off them before. I was going to order from them, but I'd rather wait until the horror stories have stopped or at least slowed significantly down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

In fairness, the horror stories have slowed for komplett, at least on the sales side! Waiting for an RMA at the moment with them (originally submitted in march, finally got an RMA number out of them last week).

But the problems with orders seem to have dried up, though if something wasn't showing as in stock i don't think i would order from them!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I used to order from Komplett, I ordered two hard drives off them before. I was going to order from them, but I'd rather wait until the horror stories have stopped or at least slowed significantly down.
    Well, like i said, you will only hear about the horror stories. It's human nature to complain (and you're entitled to it). I like the reassurance of paying at the pick-up point.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    if something wasn't showing as in stock i don't think i would order from them!

Amen. I wouldn't order from any website if it wasn't in stock.

Well, like i said, you will only hear about the horror stories. It's human nature to complain (and you're entitled to it). I like the reassurance of paying at the pick-up point.

Well, I would prefer to order from Komplett, but I'll stick to my principles and wait until the stories have died down some more. I will more than likely order my christmas and Birthday stuff from there though.

EDIT: Just checked Komplett's price for my Mobo, almost a tenner more on Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

EDIT: Just checked Komplett's price for my Mobo, almost a tenner more on Komplett.

I think you've been spending too long staring at component prices/websites! :confused:

C.D. wrote: »
    I think you've been spending too long staring at component prices/websites. :confused:

Probably, but I've been looking forward to this build since January 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Probably, but I've been looking forward to this build since January 2009.

Edited in a "!" to try capture the humorous aspect of the post. Some things just don't come across in text form! I usually end up with a massive spreadsheet of Komplett/elara/scan/ebuyer etc. before a big build to try get the best prices for everything. Can be difficult though as prices change!

Swapped the Modular PSU for a Corsair 650W, costs only slightly more and I know where to hide the extra cables anyway, because I will have all ports plugged in anyway with the Modular one, with some more needing to be plugged in that I can't.

Advertisement