Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint against Moderator

Options
  • 31-05-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

I will start this thread in the help desk forum
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You were giving fair warning and ignored those warnings. Anything else is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Stark wrote: »
    You were giving fair warning and ignored those warnings. Anything else is irrelevant.

Have you looked through the thread? I was given warnings for doing nothing more than express an opinion - I defended myself and for doing this received yet more warnings and before getting a ban. My defense was that I didn't contravene the forum rules which is certainly not irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Chriskavo wrote: »
    On principal, I would be delighted if fellow bloggers out there would view the posts and if they agree that I was hard done by to issue a complaint on my behalf against this moderator.
    You may be new to this stuff. This is not a blog. People who use boards are not bloggers. This is a discussion forum.

As a user of these discussion forums, I have reviewed that thread and determined that you repeatedly breached the rules of that forum despite continual warnings to cease.

There is a place to defend yourself and you were in the wrong place. The process is very clearly outlined in the charter, which you claim to have read:
    If you have an issue with moderation, here's what to do:

* Don't argue with moderator decisions in-thread. If nothing else, you're dragging the thread off-topic.
    * PM the moderator in question, or all of the forum moderators. Make your point civilly.
    * Having discussed things with the moderator(s), if you're still unhappy, you should contact the Category Moderators.
    * If, having discussed with them, you're still unhappy, you should start a thread in the Help Desk forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement