Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house build cost?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Just decided on our design for house and it's 2650 sq ft - what is the average price does anyone know per sq ft in the Cork surburbs. We are waiting on plans before we get builders to quote but would love an 'idea' of prices.

Also we saw our exact plans in a book and contacted the architect who will give us the full plans for €600 plus VAT - we also have the option of getting an engineer to draw these up instead - would that be cheaper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Ok ready to build now - plans drawn still looking for rough idea of cost? Or can anyone recommend their builder to price for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭country home

take a look at the "cost per Sq ft" thread at the bottom of this list.. .

7 replies. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mrshappy wrote: »
    Also we saw our exact plans in a book and contacted the architect who will give us the full plans for €600 plus VAT - we also have the option of getting an engineer to draw these up instead - would that be cheaper?

Thanks

Depends on how you're building your house, tbh - TF/other. No point in getting construction drawings done if you haven't decided that, tbh.

Or are you talking about Planning drawings (which can be generic) - have you got PP ?

Other than that, I'd say you are looking at €86 sq ft, all-in, including groundworks, house, landscaping etc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Thanks alot - €86 give us a figure to work from. We have FPP now on house which is 3400 approx excl attic so just sending it out to builders now - will come back and quote what prices we were given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SARAH ANNE

anyone any idea per m sq oe plastering inside and out,
    storey and a half dormar
    corner stones on garage
    nap finish
    tanks

• Advertisement

SARAH ANNE wrote: »
    anyone any idea per m sq oe plastering inside and out,
    storey and a half dormar
    corner stones on garage
    nap finish
    tanks

Sorry, this is your 2nd post on the same question - the above doesn't tell us anything. Size ? m2 ? Is the house 1500 sq ft or 3000 sq ft ?? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Its important to call out if your price includes or excludes Vat, it makes a serious dent to the overall and if planning to sell the house in a couple of years or less you need to be totally up to speed with the options.

Also contributions and ESB/ sewage connection make a massive dent - building a 100 sqm house the admin stuff is adding €300 per sq m

hmmm
    question is per m2
    anyway 2400 sq metre storey and a half

SARAH ANNE wrote: »
    hmmm
    question is per m2
    anyway 2400 sq metre storey and a half

hmmm is right - is that a 24,000 sq ft house/airport terminal your building ? :p

Seriously, I'd say you mean 240 sq m........in which case, I'm suggesting 11000 + VAT (but that's a wild guess, as i don't know what inside is made of, and who's supplying/fitting boards, etc.)

I have a cost here for a 250 sq m 2-storey house, from May, and inside/outside plastering was € 19300, excluding slabs internal, but including skimcoat internal and all ext plaster materials.

Ode To The Motorist

sorry sorry 2400 ft2 is what i meant 2 say sorry again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Hi all ,
    I have a stupid question for all. I have plans for a house which is a 2300sq ft foot print which is a U shape house that has a "veranda" (external to the house) within the U section and covered by the main roof. They will be no finish floor under this roof will this increase the squared area for the total area of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

iceax wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    I have a stupid question for all. I have plans for a house which is a 2300sq ft foot print which is a U shape house that has a "veranda" (external to the house) within the U section and covered by the main roof. They will be no finish floor under this roof will this increase the squared area for the total area of the house.
    If its an external veranda, which most are, then its not counted when calculating floor area. If you are asking the question for pricing purposes then it wont be included in any €xxx per m2 costing but it would be priced separately.

On the other hand if you are asking for the purpose of calculating development contribution charges then it wont be counted as part of the floor area.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

muffler wrote: »
    If its an external veranda, which most are, then its not counted when calculating floor area. If you are asking the question for pricing purposes then it wont be included in any €xxx per m2 costing but it would be priced separately.

On the other hand if you are asking for the purpose of calculating development contribution charges then it wont be counted as part of the floor area.

many thanks for the reply and yes it was for the purpose of contribution charges .

regards
    ice

Advertisement