Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Irvine

Options
  • 31-05-2010 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone see him on TG4 last night, fantastic stuff, oh to get my hands on the RTE archive!!!!!!:D

Andy is a legend in my eyes. Any fans out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Was glued to it also palethinboy, massive fan of Andy myself! :)

Saw and met Andy for the first time there earlier this year. And I've seen him again since. Fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Going to see him tonight :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

What I wouldn't give to be in Milltown tonight! ;).. Enjoy the festival itsallaboutheL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

McConnon wrote: »
    What I wouldn't give to be in Milltown tonight! ;).. Enjoy the festival itsallaboutheL!

Cheers thanks, once i get Arthur McBride and The Blacksmith i'll die happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Andy is a legend in my eyes. Any fans out there?

He's a superstar of the traditional scene. Discovered him through Planxty in the 70's and have enjoyed him ever since. His voice is as good as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just back from the Andy gig in Glór Ennis. Very enjoyable...

Got to get my acoustic frankensteined into a bouzouki!

Edit: Also bought a copy of Sweeney's Men Anthology, and listening to it this morning. While I am familiar with Andy's solo albums and Planxty stuff, I wasn't too familiar with Sweeney's Men. Liking what I hear so far..

"Dreams for me" has shades of Led Zep/Robert Plant about it. There's a line a lot like "since I've been loving you" by Led Zep.

Or should I say that Led Zep have shades of folk in a lot of their stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Can anybody out there help me.. I'm looking for "The Wind Blows Over the Danube" by Andy Irvine/Mozaik. Tried to download it through Amazon but it's available in the US only.. :rolleyes:

Adore everything Andy Irvine has done.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Can anybody out there help me.. I'm looking for "The Wind Blows Over the Danube" by Andy Irvine/Mozaik. Tried to download it through Amazon but it's available in the US only.. :rolleyes:

Adore everything Andy Irvine has done.. :)

http://www.andyirvine.com/albums/ChangingTrains.html

You can buy the CD here, or do you just want the mp3?

Advertisement