Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon fruit-what to do with it??

Options
  • 31-05-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i was doing my shopping the other day and came across this funky looking fruit. have never heard of it before and was wondering what i should do with it? is it best eaten raw and chopped up into pieces or cooked in some way? ive been told its a cross between a kiwi and a pear in texture and sour in flavour! any suggestion?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

they are prety bland TBH.

Look awesome, but dont taste of much.

inside is kinda like a kiwi but not a whole lot of taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

oh yeah.

I'd normally cut length ways and scoop the inside out by running a spoon between the flesh and the skin, the cube the flesh and add it to a fruit salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

they do look really cool which is why i bought it tbh had never seen them before and was intrigued! will give it a try though thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Wow, I've never seen one of those before. I had to google it to see what it was :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You can eat them raw, but they are pretty bland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

They don't taste of anything but they are nice and refreshing on a hot summer's day. I just cut them into 4 quaters, pop the flesh out of the skin and just eat it raw.

Advertisement