Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body Discovered in Knockalisheen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Twas just on the news, confirmed as shot.
    What a waste like, that was a young lad who could have done so much with his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

editor@examiner.ie

email address of the Examiner editor. It's not supposed to be for this kind of complaint, but that might make an email sent there even more annoying for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kess73 wrote: »
    Rang Roxboro. Told the garda on the phone what I saw. Gave the reg number, car make and colour (Grey Ford Fiesta), the location and said the car is still here if he could send a car out to check it out.

His reply after getting the info? That it was not really their call to deal with it, and he would pass the information onto the drug squad.

Roxboro are useless!!!!!!
    Rang them about a 3 am disturbance in my area (not an estate btw, main fecking road) and had to ring 4 times before any car appeared. Then armed response shower up, broke it up then did a runner. They regrouped and the situation heightened! People's 'cousins' arriving from all over the city screaming, shouting, threatening and checking if any of the cars on my road were unlocked!!
    In the end rang Henry St (was the same when broke someone the window in Dad's work van and tried to rob it, Roxboro promised they were on the way, half an hour later we're still waiting) and they were there in 5 minutes. WTF?!?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Knew his older brother Ray back in primary school, Lee was in the year behind me. Very sad, a horrific way to go. Sympathies to his family. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

osarusan wrote: »
    editor@examiner.ie

email address of the Examiner editor. It's not supposed to be for this kind of complaint, but that might make an email sent there even more annoying for them.

cheers mate, will definetly be sending them an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nazman

i agree internment is the only way to fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Odd question, but did Lee have any noticeable scars? Have a feeling i knew the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I see they found a gun in the area now.

Poor guy :(

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Handgun-recovered-by-gardai-investigating.6333810.jp

I hope for once speedy catch on the scum and quick and long sentences :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

The Irish Times and The Irish Examiner have confirmed him as Lee Slattery

How ever they have wrote some lies in there

A) He was NOT drug dealer

and

B) The family did NOT fail to find the body

C) The Guardai did not find the body

It was my brother and his girlfriends brother who both found the body
    Who then phoned the police

The victim is my brothers girlfriends brother
    My Brother-In-Law..

The newspapers both have his name in it, however nearly 70% of the articles are all lies to say a reason why this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

ColinM9991 wrote: »
    The Irish Times and The Irish Examiner have confirmed him as Lee Slattery

How ever they have wrote some lies in there

A) He was NOT drug dealer

and

B) The family did NOT fail to find the body

C) The Guardai did not find the body

It was my brother and his girlfriends brother who both found the body
    Who then phoned the police

The victim is my brothers girlfriends brother
    My Brother-In-Law..

The newspapers both have his name in it, however nearly 70% of the articles are all lies to say a reason why this happened.

Deepest condolences to you all.I never listen to the bad stuff people say about someone in newspapers especially in these very tragic sad circumstances.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

At least the Leader got it right in calling him an innocent victim. Apparently he was shot for €80 :confused:

Jigga wrote: »
    At least the Leader got it right in calling him an innocent victim. Apparently he was shot for €80 :confused:

Thats right. That amount is nothing, I have recently paid €80 to my brother, if i knew about this debt i could of paid that off myself..

There are just too many people in this world jealous of what one man can achieve

Thats right. That amount is nothing, I have recently paid €80 to my brother, if i knew about this debt i could of paid that off myself..

There are just too many people in this world jealous of what one man can achieve
    Just shows you how cheap these scum value life. A child is now fatherless over €80. I really hope the c unts who did this get what they deserve.

Just shows you how cheap these scum value life. A child is now fatherless over €80. I really hope the c unts who did this get what they deserve.

Yeah, they would rather take an innocent life rather than save a life
    €80 euro is nothing, €1,000,000,000 is nothing. All that matters is love and reputation. Lee died with lots of love and reputation

The lowlife who done this will die with hatred and disrespect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

That poor guy was shot for a measly €80, Jesus Christ how f*cked up are these people.

My deepest sympathies to his family, may they eventually find peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Oh God, €80? That sounds so awful, poor Lee.
    Are there reports suggesting it was for €80 or is this what is being heard on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

my boyfriend was in lee's class all through the school years. we are absolutely disgusted to hear about this.

His poor family and friends. As if times were not hard enough.
    Rest in peace
    I hope the scum who did this are swiftly brought to justice

Removal and funeral information has been posted for anyone who knew Lee:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Lee-Slattery-funeral-to-take.6336255.jp

Irish

One of the last 2 people seen with Lee was the same 17 year old little **** that was arrested for shooting at <SNIP> both times. Thinks he's a hard man with a gun, I hope he gets his comeuppance shortly or is brought to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

One of the last 2 people seen with Lee was the same 17 year old little **** that was arrested for shooting at <SNIP> both times. Thinks he's a hard man with a gun, I hope he gets his comeuppance shortly or is brought to justice.

A 17yr old!!!
    He should have the arse lashed off him.

• Advertisement

I don't know who exactly you are referring to but you seem to be on the ball, todays independent describes this 17yr old as extremely dangerous.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/man-shot-dead-was-killed-by-limerick-gang-over-drug-debt-2203357.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the 17 year old was arrested twice for attempted murder (as reported above), why isn't he behind bars? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

If the 17 year old was arrested twice for attempted murder (as reported above), why isn't he behind bars? :confused:

He was only questioned, no charges.

It also thought he was the intended target in the shooting in Johns Square last week. This young fella must be a total psychopath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, please be careful when mentioning names. Adverse comments made here could negatively impact a future court case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

because criminals have more rights than decent people in Ireland

I have been informed someone who's name i will not mention has been arrested at 9PM tonight in connection with the murder of Lee Slattery

He's a lucky man the cops got to him first

I don't know who it is that was arrested but I was thinking all right about the guards arresting first. How long does it take before names are released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

some fairly dodgy posts removed. if you wish for this thread to remain open, then stick to confirmed facts, what what you were told by a friend down the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesus this was bad. His brother is in my class at FAS at the moment and is a sound out man, my prays go out to relatives and the family of Lee.

I was to lee's funeral today. It was sad, especially when his dad gave a speech, how proud he is to say Lee is his son, and how he loves him.
    Its a shame the killer never thought about that when he killed him, scumbag.

We were in the church for about an hour and a half, when i walked outside i was expecting the streets to be normal, I was wrong, there were dozens upon dozens of people on the fence of the church sitting down looking towards us, people across the road sitting on the wall looking at us, all paying their respects, there were people outside their houses looking as we passed all paying their respects.

It was a very sad day, and through the whole thing i just kept saying to myself "This can't be real, Lee cannot be dead. It's only a dream and your going to wake up soon"

I met Lee once for an hour, he was a really nice guy, people loved him and idolized him, including me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Im very sorry to hear about the tragedy that stuck you and your loved ones. I went through a VERY similiar experience earlier this year with a family member. Its agree its very comforting too see the support of the public and i hope you and your family get justice.

Loosing a loved one is never easy, to death or to breaking up, its always painful..

But the death part. As i said earlier

"If you make it, you can break it"..

Meaning, If we made Limerick what it is today, we can Break it, and remake it, crime free, run the gangs out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

just wondering has there been anymore on the arrest that was made, was the person charged or released, nothing on rte website, i suppose if they found the weapon they have some bit of evidence

I've been watching limerickleader.ie and live95fm.ie for news on any progress with the investigations but there's nothing yet.

I was at the funeral too and it was nice to see his father trying to express some of the sentiment of all the people who knew Lee and indeed know the family. They are a lovely family, nd popular, know them since I was a child (My mother first met Lee's mother when me and his brother Ray were born within a few hours of each other)

May he rest in peace and see that the people ensure justice is served in his name soon.

I've been watching limerickleader.ie and live95fm.ie for news on any progress with the investigations but there's nothing yet.

I was at the funeral too and it was nice to see his father trying to express some of the sentiment of all the people who knew Lee and indeed know the family. They are a lovely family, nd popular, know them since I was a child (My mother first met Lee's mother when me and his brother Ray were born within a few hours of each other)

May he rest in peace and see that the people ensure justice is served in his name soon.

That speech Lee's father gave was a brilliant speech, at the church and at the graveyard, both brilliant speeches

Fight between women behind spate of gang violence I have no idea what they are on about in this article

Limerick mayor wants death penalty restored :rolleyes: What a reactionary fool Limerick has for mayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fight between women behind spate of gang violence I have no idea what they are on about in this article

Limerick mayor wants death penalty restored :rolleyes: What a reactionary fool Limerick has for mayor

Seems to be the type of Mayor the town has had for a bit now, and looking at some of the names lined up for the role of Mayor in the future, we can expect mpre Mayors of a similar calibre.

Jigga, according to this, the guards know who did so that is good news.
    It seems also that there is a second family arguement happening at the moment outside of the one we all hear so much about.
    What surprises me is how much the journo Cusack knows about everything that is going on. If he knows so much then surely the guards do so why aren't they doing anything?

And on a side note, I don't see the big issue with death penalty. It won't affect the majority of us. You might say it is draconian and doesn't belong in the modern social community but surely murder is not something we wish to see in modern society either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I think our mayor is an ejjit but I would have no problem
    with the death penelty being introduced in Ireland under
    certain exceptional circumstances.

While my opinion may sound cold/callous I do believe some
    people in this world that are just simply evil ****s do not
    deserve to live.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The mayor is talking populist gibberish. not surprising as his party wants to get into government come the next election.

Hell will freeze over before the death penalty is reintroduced. bringing it back would involve a referrendum and that aint gonna happen either.

It's about damn time someone wants to bring the death penalty back in
    Should sort Ireland out completely..

Another feud because one girl started on another?
    Jesus these gangs are worse than f**king children
    Completely immature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

If he knows so much then surely the guards do so why aren't they doing anything?

Building a case and gathering evidence.

The burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt so they cannot arrest and charge someone on flimsy evidence

I'm pretty sure that membership of the EU is contingent on the country applying for membership not practising (or even allowing the possibility of) capital punishment.

If that's correct, I'd imagine that reintroducing it would mean that we'd have to leave the EU.

I'm pretty sure that membership of the EU is contingent on the country applying for membership not practising (or even allowing the possibility of) capital punishment.

If that's correct, I'd imagine that reintroducing it would mean that we'd have to leave the EU.

Which is why the EU will always be full of crime.

Jesus, sure look at all these middle eastern countries, if you even blink wrong there they stone you to death or cut your head off. Maybe Ireland or the EU should take example to their laws and see how to control the country instead of leaving everyone do as they please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

445279.ie wrote: »
    Building a case and gathering evidence.

The burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt so they cannot arrest and charge someone on flimsy evidence

Bring it back and arrest the people who knowingly associate with these scumbags and their gangs. Anybody caught that is involved in activities for these gangs (violent or otherwise) = automatic death sentence.

These ****ing goons have no care for human rights so **** them. Bring the death penalty back and annihilate these social parasites with extreme predjudice.

Which is why the EU will always be full of crime.

And all the countries that allow / practise it are crime free?

I think the argument that CP acts as a deterrent to criminals has been blown out of the water.

And all the countries that allow / practise it are crime free?

I think the argument that CP acts as a deterrent to criminals has been blown out of the water.

Well, if the death sentence was back, AND if this sh*t law where your not allowed to self defend yourself was gone..

If someone shoots you and you manage to get the gun off them and kill them, YOU go to prison for it..

Words wont even express how much i think these laws are absolutely sh*t, hate them, and hate the government for turning this country into what it is today

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If someone shoots you and you manage to get the gun off them and kill them, YOU go to prison for it..

Well, you'd hardly send the dead fella to prison as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Well, you'd hardly send the dead fella to prison as well...
    No, he'd be gone to hell. But why should anyone defending themselves against a gun wielding thug be sent to jail for defending their right to live?

• Advertisement
Advertisement