Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body Discovered in Knockalisheen

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

Well, you'd hardly send the dead fella to prison as well...

It's called self defence.
    There is another completely sh*t law
    If someone is breaking into your house and they cut themselfs on a piece of glass or anything sharp THEY can sue YOU for cutting themselves whilst breaking into your house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

ColinM9991 wrote: »
    It's called self defence.
    There is another completely sh*t law
    If someone is breaking into your house and they cut themselfs on a piece of glass or anything sharp THEY can sue YOU for cutting themselves whilst breaking into your house
    Unbelievable, but true..Unbelievable.But its true.What a bloody stupid country:eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ya lets bring the death penalty back, sher look at other countries that have the death penalty they have no crime.. For having such a stupid mayor its unbelievable that we have such stupid people who actaully agree with him.. Its foolish to even consider it imagine what Ireland would be like with the death penalty and without the EU.. It wouldnt stop the murders it would just add an extra murder for each one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Which is why the EU will always be full of crime.

Jesus, sure look at all these middle eastern countries, if you even blink wrong there they stone you to death or cut your head off. Maybe Ireland or the EU should take example to their laws and see how to control the country instead of leaving everyone do as they please

The whole world is full of crime not just the EU.. Sher theres no crime in the middle east either.. They dont kill anyone and they dont grow half the worlds drugs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

If Limerick City council hadn't allowed such urban degradation to take place in certain areas over many years, the problem of anti-social behaviour would be nowhere near as bad as it is now.
    A strong garda presence on the ground is the first step need to improve the current situation. The death penalty suggestion is just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

is that the the same mayor who said something racist recently, i reckon he is just a clown, im not living in limerick ( arent i the lucky 1 ) but i was born there. the death penalty would not work in ireland as the judges would only give the penalty to gangsters whereas the peado's and rapists wouldnt be touched.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Back on topic, there have been arrests made now anyway according to www.live95fm.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

charlemont wrote: »
    is that the the same mayor who said something racist recently, i reckon he is just a clown, im not living in limerick ( arent i the lucky 1 ) but i was born there. the death penalty would not work in ireland as the judges would only give the penalty to gangsters whereas the peado's and rapists wouldnt be touched.. :eek:

Thats a bit of a silly argument as even in the certain states of the USA where the death penalty is legal you can only get it for murder
    not defending Pedos or rapist obviously as they also deserve it but unfortuantly no western country has the death penalty for such offences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

The Irish Times and The Irish Examiner have confirmed him as Lee Slattery

How ever they have wrote some lies in there

A) He was NOT drug dealer

and

B) The family did NOT fail to find the body

C) The Guardai did not find the body

It was my brother and his girlfriends brother who both found the body
    Who then phoned the police

The victim is my brothers girlfriends brother
    My Brother-In-Law..

The newspapers both have his name in it, however nearly 70% of the articles are all lies to say a reason why this happened.

Jesus, how awfull on your gf, this is so senseless, a family changed forever. And for what?? This kinda thing is so sad, young men should not die like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

I was to lee's funeral today. It was sad, especially when his dad gave a speech, how proud he is to say Lee is his son, and how he loves him.
    Its a shame the killer never thought about that when he killed him, scumbag.

We were in the church for about an hour and a half, when i walked outside i was expecting the streets to be normal, I was wrong, there were dozens upon dozens of people on the fence of the church sitting down looking towards us, people across the road sitting on the wall looking at us, all paying their respects, there were people outside their houses looking as we passed all paying their respects.

It was a very sad day, and through the whole thing i just kept saying to myself "This can't be real, Lee cannot be dead. It's only a dream and your going to wake up soon"

I met Lee once for an hour, he was a really nice guy, people loved him and idolized him, including me

Nice too see isn't it, am going from personal experience here. Wish all the best to you, your gr and her family. And all of you involved in this. God bless, my thoughts are with ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Gardai arrested 8 people this am for the murder of Lee, according to todays irish times. 5 men, 3 women.

Gardai arrested 8 people this am for the murder of Lee, according to todays irish times. 5 men, 3 women.

good to hear that. can we say who they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah saw that. Had to laugh at Live95FM just before 11am. They announced it as if it was their station breaking the news with more to follow, when the Irish Times had it up on the Times website almost an hour earlier.

With luck some of these arrests will lead to an actual conviction and the killer being put away, and not a headline in a few days of all eight being released without charge. Although with a number of them being in their teens, even if they did the murder, their age will save them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that. Had to laugh at Live95FM just before 11am. They announced it as if it was their station breaking the news with more to follow, when the Irish Times had it up on the Times website almost an hour earlier.

With luck some of these arrests will lead to an actual conviction and the killer being put away, and not a headline in a few days of all eight being released without charge. Although with a number of them being in their teens, even if they did the murder, their age will save them.

Generally with a case like this, unless they get an admission a file will have to be sent to the DPP so all will be released without charge while waiting for directions from the DPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

foinse wrote: »
    Generally with a case like this, unless they get an admission a file will have to be sent to the DPP so all will be released without charge while waiting for directions from the DPP.

Yeah but with teens involved, even if they do get a confession from someone that age, then proper prison sentences cannot apply either such is the law here.

Tragic that the punishment for murder can be almost worthless if the guilty person is deemed a child in the eyes of the law, yet adult enough to kill when on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

pretty much an entire ****ing family was arrested this morning including suspects from the start cannot describe how happy i am with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Please God there'll be charges on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

Mod edit

If you have information that can help with the solving of this crime, contact the Guards. do not post it here

Garda Confidential line is 1800 666 111.

foinse wrote: »

an other area where the law needs to be changed. this wouldn't happen in any continental country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement