Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best barbershop?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any decent barbershops in the city centre for non-appointment visits? I've been going to The Grafton Barbers (flagship) for a couple of years now but in the past six months or so they've really gone to the dogs.

Don't care for fancy extras, just want somewhere which has barbers that actually listen to their customers and know more than one haircut :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the place in strephens green second floor

knights

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Always found the Waldorf Barbers on Westmoreland Street do a good job. They spend a good amount of time ensuring the hairline is done correctly after a cut for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

The Merchang Barbers in Templebar. Some very talented barbers there. I'm afraid to try anywhere else as usually it is an overpriced disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent barbershops in the city centre for non-appointment visits? I've been going to The Grafton Barbers (flagship) for a couple of years now but in the past six months or so they've really gone to the dogs.

Don't care for fancy extras, just want somewhere which has barbers that actually listen to their customers and know more than one haircut :)

I've been going to Ali's Turkish Barbers on Aungier St. recently. Great little place! You could almost miss it walking by. Himself and his staff really know their stuff. Priced very reasonable too... I think it's cheaper than the Grafton Barbers. I used to go there btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Ed's on Upper Abbey Street is the best barbers in town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Merchants in Temple Bar or Sams Barbers on the Quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ed's on Abbey St near Capel st is the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

ixoy wrote: »
    Always found the Waldorf Barbers on Westmoreland Street do a good job. They spend a good amount of time ensuring the hairline is done correctly after a cut for example.

Just got my hair cut in Waldorf's today.

Excellent job done by Ger. Spent ages on what little hair i had in the first place!!!

Grafton barbers had a queue on Grafton st - looks like the students wanted the student rate before the 12 o clock deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Another recommendation for Ed's here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I go to the Grafton Barber's on Grafton Street, as the girl who cuts my hair is super fine. Plus, she does a decent job on my hair :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Another recommendation for Ed's here.

Was going there for ages but one of the Eastern European women is dreadful, told her I wanted a trim and she cut this massive bit off and said is that too short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Smartypantsdig

regent barbers on Regent Street, off Temple Bar. The Turkish guy there is great!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have to say ontill now I did not know there were barbers that you needed to make a appointment for.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭McNulty32

Anyone ever been to Dereks barbers in Cabra???
    Its above an opticians I think on the Cabra road '17' shops.

Be prepared for a long wait if there are more then two people in the shop as Derek is fond of making endless pots of tea and talking about random sh*te then cutting hair.
    And when it is your turn, he will most likely have to disappear for 20 minutes which is usually for him to sneak off to Paddy Powers or Downeys pub down the road.

Worth a try just once for the laugh you get:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Smartypantsdig

McNulty32 wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to Dereks barbers in Cabra???
    Its above an opticians I think on the Cabra road '17' shops.

Be prepared for a long wait if there are more then two people in the shop as Derek is fond of making endless pots of tea and talking about random sh*te then cutting hair.
    And when it is your turn, he will most likely have to disappear for 20 minutes which is usually for him to sneak off to Paddy Powers or Downeys pub down the road.

Worth a try just once for the laugh you get:pac:

He is a classic :D!! I went into him one Saturday at 11am and didn't get out until 1pm, but the craic was great!! What about Don's barbershop on Dowth Avenue? Another mad one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Another +1 for the Waldorf.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

sams barbers ormonde quay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Grooming Rooms on South William Street ...or G Male in Ranelagh is good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Gmale Barbers in Ranelagh is my fav at moment.

Advertisement