Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM news from hell

• 31-05-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else struggle through the 5 pm news heads? I think it got curtailed, they did just two stories and cut straight back to the Last Word.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I didn't hear it but what was the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A number of very pregnant pauses, what sounded like a mic dropout, slow report inserts. Not happy two minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭boccy23

Yeah. Heard it alright. Very funny. It was like every button the guy pressed didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Been there. Nearly cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

same thing happened at 2pm news. The guy made a balls of it with massive pauses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It sounded like there was a big delay in the audio being relayed to the news studio. He started reading - obviously couldn't hear himself in his headphones - then he started hearing himself (about 5 seconds behind real time). The big pauses after clips were obviously because he could only hear audio finishing 5 seconds after it really had!

Complete mess! Felt sorry for him. They have some serious technical mess in their news. Very regular occurence. I'd say the news guys are well sick of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Or what about the 08:00 news on the Ian Dempsey show, usually starts at 08:05, a pet hate of mine

Well that's a different thing altogether! But Ians timing is fairly dire at the best of times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper has never made the 6 O'Clock deadline for the news, I think its a matter of pride at this stage! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

mike65 wrote: »
    Matt Cooper has never made the 6 O'Clock deadline for the news, I think its a matter of pride at this stage! :p

And it's his fault as i think he edites the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

mike65 wrote: »

At least he can't crash The Angelus on Today FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

It sounded like there was a big delay in the audio being relayed to the news studio.

Maybe he was hearing the on-air rather than studio feed through his cans and they had the naughty word delay on?

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Maybe he was hearing the on-air rather than studio feed through his cans and they had the naughty word delay on?

Yeah had thought about him hearing the on air sound alright. But couldn't figure out the length of the delay! Maybe it is something like you say. It's a hell of a lot of wrong buttons before you get to that stage though!

Advertisement