Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be at Inferno 10 on 05/06/10?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I'll make an appearance, because you'll shoot me if I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

No
    Suppose i'll go after Azza begging me to.
    (He also begged me stop lurking boards and finally sign up)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    I'll be arriving in Dublin at around 1230, but it being a bank holiday I could be later. Bus better get there before 1330.
    Basterdin' Cork makes these trips way more awkward =/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Sairus wrote: »
    I'll be arriving in Dublin at around 1230, but it being a bank holiday I could be later. Bus better get there before 1330.
    Basterdin' Cork makes these trips way more awkward =/

Speedhaak is getting the train from Cork tomorrow if you fancy some company on the long journey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    If someone could bring a stand and if jim/sisko could bring either of my memory cards I'd appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If someone could bring a stand and if jim/sisko could bring either of my memory cards I'd appreciate it :)

I'll actually definitely be bringing your tripod in this time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Really hoping to get to this. I want to see how real tournaments go down. So I'll do my best to drag my carcass outta bed, and haul-ass up to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No
    Sorry lads have to drop out at the last minute, family issues etc etc

Sorry to all those who made plans for after drinks too, really this can't be helped =/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Fifty five euro for a train ticket from cork to Dublin. Daylight ****ing robbery, next tome I'll drive, if any other corkonians want to split the gas costs. I'm down the back of the train sitting next to an old women, great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

22 quid return on the aircoach - not sure on the duration of the trip but they've got wifi!

http://www.aircoach.ie/aircoach.fares.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I said I'll be there but I can't make it.. I haven't got any money to my name for like 10 days..
    Have fun today lads.. I would of gottin destroyed anyway cause it would be my first tourny playing on a stick haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Can make it, it seems. See ye at 3 or so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Am taking it easy on the train home after what was a brilliant day. Did better than I expected and after a few nervy rounds I played some semidecent games.

Looking forward to inferno 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Am taking it easy on the train home after what was a brilliant day. Did better than I expected and after a few nervy rounds I played some semidecent games.

Looking forward to inferno 11.

Any results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    coblecog 1st
    Bush 2nd
    Azza 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

A-Trak wrote: »
    coblecog 1st
    Bush 2nd
    Azza 3rd

Anyone take the evo prize?

No
    PPC wrote: »
    Anyone take the evo prize?

We've to wait and see who wants it and where we came. I don't think any of the top three can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Annoyed I couldn't make this one (I'll definitely make I11).

So, our 3 best/most consistent players don't wanna go? LOLWUT

*edit* As Doom pointed out I haven't been attention, disregard the 2nd line.

No
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Annoyed I couldn't make this one (I'll definitely make I11).

So, our 3 best/most consistent players don't wanna go? LOLWUT

There's a difference between not wanting to go and not being able to go.

This has all been hashed out a million times, if someone can't go they can't.

I think I finished top 8 but I'm not sure. I came heartbreakingly close to beating Bush :(

I took a fight off cog too. I'm happy with how I did.

48 in attendance, it was great to see, Limierick did well as did the Belfast lads.

The groups are getting harder and harder. GG's to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Great tournament besides the ****ty xbox tvs. I scraped through a load of matches, especially against doom. Good to see Inferno getting bigger every time.

• Advertisement

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    Great tournament besides the ****ty xbox tvs. I scraped through a load of matches, especially against doom. Good to see Inferno getting bigger every time.

Considering the absolute battering you gave me last time we met in a tournament, I can live with making you sweat like that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    48 players at inferno 10 is a tribute to all the hard work that has been put into the fight scene here. Very well organised so thanks to everyone involved.

I can't complain about getting knocked out by cobelcog and was delighted to take a game from him (shortly before he hammered me in the next 2 games).

Onion did well as usual but special mention to the other 3 Limerick lads. Generic did very well as Hakan and his play deserve a place in the knockouts slot more than i did. Robknoll went 4-1 in a tough group but incredibly they wasn't good enough to make the knockouts. Finally Nathan was very unlucky not to win more.

I have a list if 7-8 things to work on, most notably teching vs Vega arial attacks, the FeiLong matchup ( was comprehensively beaten by a very good NI player) and my composure when losing a game.

Last and certainly not least, it was brilliant to meet many if ye in person. Great community to be in.

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    48 players at inferno 10 is a tribute to all the hard work that has been put into the fight scene here. Very well organised so thanks to everyone involved.

I can't complain about getting knocked out by cobelcog and was delighted to take a game from him (shortly before he hammered me in the next 2 games).

Onion did well as usual but special mention to the other 3 Limerick lads. Generic did very well as Hakan and his play deserve a place in the knockouts slot more than i did. Robknoll went 4-1 in a tough group but incredibly they wasn't good enough to make the knockouts. Finally Nathan was very unlucky not to win more.

I have a list if 7-8 things to work on, most notably teching vs Vega arial attacks, the FeiLong matchup ( was comprehensively beaten by a very good NI player) and my composure when losing a game.

Last and certainly not least, it was brilliant to meet many if ye in person. Great community to be in.

It was a pleasure to have you all and even more of a pleasure to see team West side doing well. :)

I learned myself today down and fierce punch takes alot of fire out of a Vega's arial game! Thank hound for that.

That Fei Long is Liquid Swords, he doesn't mess around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** I missed this today got ****ing mad sick today when I woke up. Hope all had a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

No
    Great games with everyone 2day. The talent on display was awesome. Had a really hard group but playing those level of players makes me learn more about my game than any online stuff. Plenty of tips taken away:) . Fair play to Orim and chopper byrne. Excellent job in keepin it goin smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    http://qik.com/video/7145203

http://qik.com/video/7146247

The Final matches. quality wise, your mileage may vary ;)

GGS to every one today, good session. Had a laugh

Regards Evo If more than one person who finished In the same position wants it, perhaps split the money between them?(Unfortunately this means they have to shell out some cash for their flights, but hey, it's a drastically reduced price+ company......)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    Also did Sairus find you guys in the chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Full results:

1st - Cobelcog (Cammy)
    2nd - Bush (Chun-Li/Blanka)
    3rd - Azza (Dictator)
    4th - fake_roogle (Boxer)
    5th - Liquidswords (Fei Long)
    5th - The Hound (Akuma/Adon/Dictator)
    7th - unky chop chop (Ken)
    7th - Doctor DooM (Guile)
    9th - Ken B (Claw)
    9th - Owwmykneecap (Claw)
    9th - D4RK ONION (E. Honda)
    9th - FutureGuy (Ryu)
    13th - Jim (Cammy)
    13th - Malachy (Boxer/El Fuerte)
    13th - Speedhaak (Boxer)
    13th - Sisko (Ryu/Ibuki)

If I made any character/placing mistakes, lemme know. As far as I know, Liquidswords is willing to go to EVO, so you may want to contact him 'bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No
    AFAIK this was Inferno 9 .

Roogle has the brackets, I'm sure he'll post up full results soon.

I'm very happy with how today went and I would be happy to help out again in the future. There was one group which a bit long, which threw things off a bit but no other issues. I know there was some complaints about my running of double elimination but I felt it was best to keep the double elim organised. I had hoped it might encourage spectators and such. I don't know if it succeeded but I'd be interested in peoples thoughts.

Seeding by location should be taken into account for the next inferno.

I'm tired and hungry but I think that's my main conclusions from today.

As for the prize I believe it has to be dropped to LiquidSwords or Hound who are in joint 6th. I think LiquidSwords said he would go but as he tied with Hound, we need to see if Hound wants to take it. I continue to question this course of action.

EDIT : Also there was a playstation cable left behind. I have it for whomever owns, I'm assuming it's Hounds but we don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

No
    Great tournament today Orim well done on great organisation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement