Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be at Inferno 10 on 05/06/10?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    We need to be more careful with our gear.

Think we'll need to put all our stuff in a corner or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    And we need to protect immigrants from itinerants.

I'll form the committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    Fair play Dan and everyone who attended, really enjoyed today. Pity about those knacks but feck 'em.

But good stuff all round and nice to meet some of the new guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

No
    Man today was terrific. Got to dublin nice and early and as it got closer to 1pm the butterflies were at me but I'd attend it tomorrow if it was on!

Annoyed I didnt introduce myself to more of ye but it was great to be in a comfortable friendly atomsphere. Congrats to futureguy for attending his 1st tournie and getting out of groups. Made me proud of our little limerick group. And GG to owwmykneecaps! Wish my matches against the two of ye were recorded! They were really down to the wire.

And just for anyone who wants to go to these events but it is hesitant, dont doubt yourself. Go and you will feel an instant improvement! If you saw how I played at last saturdays casuals and saw how I played today, you notice a major difference! These players force you to step up your game and even if I didnt make it out of groups, I was so happy just to fight like minded people.:D

Also, next time less tinkers! They make us limerick folk look right posh.

See you all at next inferno

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

No
    Also, next time less tinkers! They make us limerick folk look right posh.

I thought that was the Limerick folk!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

No
    Good games today everybody, and good job to chopper and orim for running the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Had a great time today lads, and it was good to put some names properly to some faces.

Chinese all-you-can eat and beers were good too :D

I'll have to make sure to actually jump into Endless with some of you, and stop just doing Ranked all the time, since the quality of players today was far above anything I could hope to stumble across online. I also need to see if I can get good with Dee Jay, or try another character.

Also I don't normally lisp/slur my speech as much as I did today; I was at the dentist on Friday and hadn't quite recovered :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Yeah, great games today. Totally shagged from the travelling but it was worth it. It's so impressive to see such a high standard of play on our fine Island, I thoroughly enjoyed the bouts, even if I was trounced by Bush's Blanka.

Fair play to the event organisers! Also, was nice meeting you all everybody. I want my revenge against your Ken though, Unke Chop Chop. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    First off thanks to all who came and made this the biggest Inferno yet and also to those who accepted a smaller prize to facilitate sending someone to Evo. Much appreciated and we'll be back to normal next time.

Secondly and I expect everyone to agree and echo this, a huge thanks to Dan who put a lot of hard work into this and was a complete ball of stress today, but without his hard work, it wouldn't have been the success it was.

Thirdly, I have the leftover entry fee money and the eSports.ie contribution which I will count tomorrow, but it should be €520.

I know John seemed dead keen about going to Evo and as he appears to be the highest place finisher who wants the prize, I personally feel it should go to him.

Thanks again to everyone who came along today and we'll hopefully see you all at Inferno Ten (No really, it's definitely ten this time!) on the first Saturday of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

First saturday of July? DAMN, gonna miss another one, I have to go to a party that night. Although, what time did this inferno end at?
    Hope everyone had a great time anyway, sorry I couldn't make it.

And Bush not repping Cody? You probably dont remember me, I just recognise your name from online as the Cody who thrashed me, twice.

• Advertisement

No
    Bush has many a solid character under his command :D

These events could end between 6-7ish generally. And remember unless you are actually making it to the finals you could always leave early if yea have to make it somewhere. While most do, not everyone stays for the entire thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    Ye. It was my cabel that I left behind. Did somone pick it up? Dont think I'd go to evo. Let liquidswords go.

No
    I think so yeah.

Also, someone lost a quick disconnect which I have for them.

And I think someone may have lost an MP3 player too (I only have the quick disconnect)

No
    I also found an xbox disconnect cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

No
    Great tournament!

Big shout out to dan and chopper and everybody else involved in making this happen, and a big shout out to everybody who came, especially the new guys.

I look forward to seeing liquidswords representing at evo!!

Just incase people are wondering where the rest of the flight money is coming from myself and doom are going to pay the extra 500 euros towards the flight.

If anybody else would like to contribute let us know!

No
    I'm fncking chuffed it's Liquidswords!

No
    It's up to him if he wants it, but he definitely seemed keen enough yesterday.

No
    It's up to him if he wants it, but he definitely seemed keen enough yesterday.

Yeah sorry getting ahead of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Yeah, a big thanks to Orim and Chopper for their running of stuff.

As well as all the other helpers throughout the day like Kneecaps who I saw recording a lot of matches on his phone, Monkeyto who was the dedicated finals cameraman, and all the guys who took control of presiding over the score-keeping of their individual groups (Jim for mine). Great jobs by all.

As someone who's run stuff before, and been pretty stressed out by even 20 man tourneys, this was definitely some pro stuff.

Even the things I was initially confused about (6 man groups, no best of 5/best of 7 for the later matches); were clearly in place to stop the whole thing becoming a train-wreck and running until after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Thanks to the gypos who lent an air of bowler authenticity by punching folk in the ear.

Bravo to the lads and their wife beaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

Tourney was great craic yezterday!

I'll definately be taking the tickets, thanks to Chunkis and Doom foe making the Evo trip possible as well as Orim and Chopper for running the tourney so well. Special shout outs to Top 4 for passing on Evo :p

GGs to everyone I got to play yesterday and I'll try my best not to let you guys down and do Ireland proud. Thanks for the support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Great day lads , and a big up to the real street fighters who turned up

thehulk.jpg

Actually send him to Evo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    Great day, really well run.

Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

No
    Hey guys had a really good time yday. Didnt think it was gona be that big, twas class. Sickened i didnt get out of the groups but it was a good play off :pac: cant wait to see ye guys at the next inferno!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    I also found an xbox disconnect cable.

If this is the small connector which disconnects from the main MadCatz TE stick cable (it has the USB cable), I am missing mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Tourney was great craic yezterday!

I'll definately be taking the tickets, thanks to Chunkis and Doom foe making the Evo trip possible as well as Orim and Chopper for running the tourney so well. Special shout outs to Top 4 for passing on Evo :p

GGs to everyone I got to play yesterday and I'll try my best not to let you guys down and do Ireland proud. Thanks for the support!

Glad we finally have someone sorted. Best of luck!

Well done to the organisers yesterday. Was great to see so many new faces also, pity i didn't get more casuals in with the new players. Looking forward to the real inferno 10 :)

No
    After recounting the money this morning there was €510.

Doyler paid quite late, so I reckon Dan might have just forgotten to put his money with the rest.

No
    He was in a game man.

D-D-D-D-D-D-Doooooooooylaar

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If this is the small connector which disconnects from the main MadCatz TE stick cable (it has the USB cable), I am missing mine!

Okay so both me and chopper have 1, obviously one is yours. The one I have is black but I'm sure both of 'em are. Anyone else missing one?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No
    Actually if its not too big an inconvience I'll take the EVO prize.

Apologies to LiquidSwords for jumping in.

Turns out I'm not working that weekend anyway, so I don't stand to loose anything.

Be also been given a shopping list by family members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement