Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be at Inferno 10 on 05/06/10?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No
    After recounting the money this morning there was €510.

Doyler paid quite late, so I reckon Dan might have just forgotten to put his money with the rest.

It appears that I forgot to get money off someone :o

My bad, I'll throw in the extra tenner (and probably some more before someone gets their plane fare)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    Sending third place to evo would be far better then sending a joint 5th place guy, with all respect to John and his savage fei long.

This needs to be sorted asap and make sure everyones cool etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    higher positions have first refusal........but didnt they refuse it on Sat?

i suppose thats key.

It just got interesting*

*Messy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No
    Azza gets it as he finished higher.

I reckon the community can offer something to LiquidSwords to make up for the confusion. I'm thinking free entry and travel expenses for the next Inferno or something similar.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No
    Orim wrote:
    Azza gets it as he finished higher.

I reckon the community can offer something to LiquidSwords to make up for the confusion. I'm thinking free entry and travel expenses for the next Inferno or something similar.

I'll cover that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

No
    Allow me to make it worse.

I'm considering the ticket.

[/serious]

No
    Oh really? Would be naturally best case scenario for 1st place to go but, how can you go? Can you even enter evo at 17? Never mind all the other issues about Vegas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    Wow this just keeps getting more interesting.

Well whomever goes will no doubt be a great rep. Though as Sisko said we'll need to get it sorted soon. What with flights and that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

higher positions have first refusal........but didnt they refuse it on Sat?

I don't think chunkis standing on a table and shouting "who wants to go to evo?" is really the best way of having it sorted out, my understanding was that it'd be officially done on boards, going down from 1st place and asking people in order if they want the ticket in a thread.

No
    Well he should be okay in terms of being allowed to enter :

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=144308

but we need this decided asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I don't think chunkis standing on a table and shouting "who wants to go to evo?" is really the best way of having it sorted out, my understanding was that it'd be officially done on boards, going down from 1st place and asking people in order if they want the ticket in a thread.

Chunkis shouting is probably not the best way to sort anything.

"HEY! WHO OWNS THIS IPOD? OK IT'S MINE NOW"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    I think its a good idea to let the top finishers sleep on it. Was probably a bit too soon for them to decide on the spot yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

Azza wrote: »
    Actually if its not too big an inconvience I'll take the EVO prize.

Apologies to LiquidSwords for jumping in.

Turns out I'm not working that weekend anyway, so I don't stand to loose anything.

Be also been given a shopping list by family members.

In all seriousness what the ****? Someone texted me earlier and told me about this post and I thought they were pulling my leg. I didn't expect to take the prize at all and admittedly I had an easy ride in losers until I faced Roogle but after talking to the guys and taking in what they had to say I said **** it this is too good to miss out on. Considering the **** you pulled on me before in a tourney then the fact you waited until it was more or less confirmed I'd be attending Evo until trying to pull it out from under me like that makes me think you have something against me. Bottom line **** your flip flopping.

You couldn't have at least stated your interest yesterday?

I don't care though and after thinking it over I'm willing to go to Evo off my own back. With that said clearly I'd much prefer if it were Chris I was to accompany to Las Vegas next month. As mentioned I didn't feel right about taking the prize seeing I wasn't the rightful owner, I'd love for him to claim what is his. Chris and me get on quite well so I'm pretty damn sure we would have a blast in Vegas.

So whenever whoever is booking the flight, could you please let me know what's up so I can book my own. Thanks.

Thanks for the offer man you're a cool guy and I appreciate it but at this rate I'm seriously doubting attending another Inferno.

I'm really sorry to read your post, John. I understand how you feel and how messed up this situation is (it should've been made clear before the tournament whether or not people had to decide on the spot if they'd take the prize - imo it should've been posted that it would be decided on the forums via a thread the next day or something). I don't think there's anyone in particular to blame for this, it's just another aspect of this event being badly organised and the rushed circumstances in which it was pushed together with an Inferno.

I hope you decide to come to Infernos again in future, you're a great player and a sound bloke, and we'll miss out big by not having you at events.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to read your post, John. I understand how you feel and how messed up this situation is (it should've been made clear before the tournament whether or not people had to decide on the spot if they'd take the prize - imo it should've been posted that it would be decided on the forums via a thread the next day or something). I don't think there's anyone in particular to blame for this, it's just another aspect of this event being badly organised and the rushed circumstances in which it was pushed together with an Inferno.

I hope you decide to come to Infernos again in future, you're a great player and a sound bloke, and we'll miss out big by not having you at events.

I can only echo this.

If I could go back and change how things have happened over the last couple of weeks I would, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'd be really sorry for you not to attend again man.

No
    Hey m8, I'm really sorry to hear your angry about this. Communication issues appear to have caused further upset.

Please don't take your anger out on Azza, I'm not sure why you are so particularly angry at him , he said on the day that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to go or not, he never said he was defiantly not going.

If it turned out that azza could not go, and Chris turned around as he has and said he might actually be able to go , would you be as angry?

You do have every right to be angry don't get me wrong, but why is it all pointed at Azza?

Everyone down here in the Republic fully respects you as a player and as a sound bloke , if people who placed higher could not go we be proud to have you represent us at Evo. I hope you don't think otherwise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

So lets get the order of events straight.
    - Cobels win Inferno.
    - Money prizes are handed out at the time.
    - Cobel, Bush, Azza and Roo did not accept the flight ticket at the time.
    - The decision is made that it upto LiquidSwords and Hound to decide.
    - Hound says LiquidSwords can go.
    - Azza now wants to take the ticket after not accepting it initially.

Is this all correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

No
    But that was correct. Problems arose since it was not made clear what timeframe people had to decide on the trip. John was offered the trip by a tournament organiser and he took it. Now a higher placed participant wants the prize. Messy is an understatement.

The "decision is made" line is wrong though, there was no official decision as to whether the prize would be decided then and there or the winners would be given time to decide whether they could go (which most people agree is the more sensible option, I think). This should've been made clear beforehand, but was completely missed by all involved and the oversight led to the messy situation we have now.

• Advertisement

No
    Yeah mr_kyle's post would make it seem everything was all all clear cut any everyone was asked out right. All that happened after cobelcog won was chunkis shouting out 'so who wants to go to evo' as a joke.

Some confusion.

The lads got their prize money.

And everyone went off to pubs/get food/home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    I could have sworn at the point everyone was deciding who should go that liquidswords had already gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

if by decision you mean chunkis standing on a chair in jest and saying who wants to go to evo (even then, I responded "john (liquidswords) said he could go), he did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    I could have sworn at the point everyone was deciding who should go that liquidswords had already gone home.

We were chatting about it casually outside, that's all. Could hardly expect the lads to wait around any longer as the event ran quite long anyway.

Sisko wrote: »
    Yeah mr_kyle's post would make it seem everything was all all clear cut any everyone was asked out right. All that happened after cobelcog won was chunkis shouting out 'so who wants to go to evo' as a joke.

Some confusion.

The lads got their prize money.

And everyone went off to pubs/get food/home.

Sisko, you have misinterpreted me quite spectacularly. I'm trying to work out the order of events as I was not there. The problem here is that for some reason, everything was not clear cut and people were not asked outright. I think that is quite obvious.

With a prize so important on the line solid decisions should have been made by the organisers to determine exactly what was going on. The organisers completely failed to do this. Resulting in the confusion we now have.

@ Dreddy: thanks for making me aware of that. It furthers my belief that the organisers should have done something about it at the time. Informing people what was happening would have been a good start.

No
    I think its unfair to rag on the organisers so much for something that's not even their fault.

We all want to send the highest placing player who's able to go to Evo.

The fact that the highest placing players are changing their minds is the reason there's any confusion at all.

I think its unfair to rag on the organisers so much for something that's not even their fault.

We all want to send the highest placing player who's able to go to Evo.

The fact that the highest placing players are changing their minds is the reason there's any confusion at all.

Prize distribution is the responsibility of the organiser.

No
    mr_kyle wrote: »
    Prize distribution is the responsibility of the organiser.

Prize acceptance is the responsibility of the participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Myself, Chunkis and Doom (Who although not an organiser is personally fronting some cash for this so definitely deserves a say) discussed this after the event.

We knew that Cobelcog, Bush and Roogle had said they couldn't go and that Azza had said he was going to be starting a job that would have him working weekends and had been quite clear that he did not want this to have anything to do with Evo and just be an Inferno as normal.

We all assumed that he did not want to go to Evo. Liquidswords was the next highest finisher and we knew he wanted to go. We were all in agreement, that we would be happy to send him as our representative.

I posted on the forum saying that the prize was his if he wanted it without double checking with Azza first. I was wrong to do this and am truly sorry for getting John's hopes up. A few hours after I posted, Azza then posted to say that he actually could and did want to go.

After this Cobelcog suggested that he might go, but has since stated that he can't.

Chunkis is in charge of the Evo prize, so hopefully he'll get on to post here later, but I think as it stands, Azza will be receiving the prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

No
    Aren't prizes usually determined on the day of tournament? I.E. you get the money, the prizes is awarded, presentations, etc...

My 2 cents: I'd say give it to Liquidswords, on the day of the tourney he was the highest ranking player who was certain that he would go to EVO. Decisive decisions should be encourage/celebrated, not will they/won't they, sitting on the fence.

Fair balls to him and I hope he keeps coming to Infernos with that kick ass Fei Long. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement