Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be at Inferno 10 on 05/06/10?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Really couldn't be bothered reading this thread anymore, but I'll just say this as a point:

In the future, if a prize involves being able to travel somewhere, when you're doing signups, there should be an extra column that dictates whether you are able to take the prize or not should you win or be the highest placer. That cuts out all of this bull**** and faffing around trying to figure out who's going or not. FWIW, no other tournament I've played in other games allows time for you to decide whether you want to try the prize or not in the situation of a hand me down. You either give an answer right there and then or you forfeit it. Some don't even allow you to enter if you're not 100% that you can go. If people wanted it enough, they would have made sure they could attend in the event that they could win.

Whether this wasn't a regular Inferno or not is irrelevant, things need to be clear cut from the beginning so that things like this can be avoided in the future.

100% agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

ayjayirl wrote: »

You'll just have to beat him next time ;)

I didn't even play him so what are you on about? Is there an ignore function on this forum?

@ Doom: I'll cut out insults no problem.
    I dunno if it makes Liquidswords feel any better, but at the point when players were being discussed to attend, and Doom was next in line after you, he was still pushing for you to go over him (keep in mind he's contributing more of his own money towards this than anyone else as far as I know).

I know this and it was very difficult for me to accept the offer with this in mind. Make no make mistake such generosity is extremely uncommon and this is a tremendous contribution to make to the community. It is fully appreciated.

And for the third (or fourth) time it wasn't Azza accepting the prize, just the way he went about it that irked me and I wish him all the best at Evo.

I'm done commenting on this debacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    I don't think any of the rest would have said they were interested like that after a choice had been made.

I was thinking hard about taking it all Sunday. As far as I knew nothing was confirmed and I could still take it if I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

No
    aww what a complete **** up :(

I know it doesnt help the situation but I left on saturday with the impression that liquidsqords was going to evo - THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN prizes are given, accepted and finalised at the end of the tournament. liquid is understandably upset with this because he probably left under the same impression as me. I hope you can put it behind you liquidswords and do come back down for tournaments, your a sound bloke and a strong player.

Now saying that I had also spoken to azza during the day and part of it was about him going to vegas if he won. so while I know he was pushing for the original inferno structure, he would also have gone to vegas situation permitting (which now it obviously does).

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

No
    I left the tournament thinking it would be decided on boards who went to Evo, in order of who placed highest / who could make it.
    I think it was Chunkis and Dan who said this to me after the whole room emptied seconds after the grand final.. they had no time to clarify things there and then.

@Liquidswords
    Azza said to me on the day and online in the weeks before the Evo competitions that he would personally like to go, it all depends on his work situation. He even attended the original Evo qualifier last week, which afaik none of the northern lads attended. So your flip flop accusations are completely false.
    Also, it was never his plan to place just ahead of you, deny the prize, get your hopes up, and then take it away from you just to spite you personally and continue his vendetta against you. Thats ****ing insane. I'm sorry for what has happened, but you need to understand that nobody is out to get you. Enough with name calling. So far Azza is a feminine b1tchy vaginal wanker... Thats not going to solve anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    That is one disturbing image Doyler :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Doyler01 wrote: »
    He even attended the original Evo qualifier last week, which afaik none of the northern lads attended. So your flip flop accusations are completely false.
    What's that have to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

Doyler01 wrote: »
    *snip*

Hate to be the one to break it to you but the opinions of over-hyped, 0-5 in groups Akuma players are also worthless.

Irrelevance FTL

Really, I don't care to answer the allegations of every wee Southern bodyguard who wants to join the fun and defend the shady as **** actions of their man.

I've said all I have to say on the topic and I've wasted all the time I have to waste on this community.

Am I mad as hell? **** yes! Do I care what anyone thinks? **** no! Either way I'll never be treated like this again. As much as I have truly loved the Inferno events by and large. I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Considering the **** you pulled on me before in a tourney, in the scrapped playoff it was already clear I came out on top it was AFTER that you came along and said I'm out anyway. When I had been picked to go to Evo you came along AFTER and stated your intentions. There is clearly a parallel, I wouldn't have brought it up again if there wasn't and I got like 5 euro back not a refund.

Just wanna comment on this as I was also part of these "Phantom" play offs in that tourney and also would have been the other player to go through to brackets along with you Liquid Swords, so was in the exact same situation.

Azza did indeed make a mistake with numbers there, assuming that only 14 were trough to brackets (Rather the 16 that were,) hence the scrapped play-offs.

So feel to say he "Pulled shit on you is both unfair and unduly harsh to Azza, there was absolutely no malice involved just a simple miscalculation. There was no way there could have been an 18 man bracket.

When Azza informed us, I too was disappointed, and felt Azza was genuinely sorry for the error, and refunded us both 33% of entry fee, which he didn't have to do.

Even had the mistake with numbers not been made, the situation would have been exactly the same, neither of us would have gone through to brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Hate to be the one to break it to you but the opinions of over-hyped, 0-5 in groups Akuma players are also worthless.

Really, I don't care to answer the allegations of every wee Southern bodyguard who wants to join the fun and defend the shady as **** actions of their man.

That post just comes across as the petulant ranting of angry disgruntled child, and is completely childish.

"Wee Southern" "Their man"?

What ever good feeling that people have had for you know is now definitely gone, (And there was a lot, me included.)

Maybe it's better someone of your attitude doesn't represent fighting games, or even Ireland, internationally in any shape or form

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Wow guys.

John, that was way too far.

Im locking this thread until calmer heads prevail.

Lets let this topic lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement