Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time estimate for restore

• 31-05-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to decide whether or not to bother my bum.....

I currently have a jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS. It has the tethered boot jailbreak. I've a few bits and bobs installed on it of course from cydia and iTunes. I'm considering going with the spirit jailbreak to remove the tethered boot problem but it's a cost / benefit thing for me now.

Could someone tell me *approximately* how long I'm looking at for a restore to 3.1.2 and reinstalling contacts and all that jazz? Like if it's several hours I wouldn't be bothered, but if it's likely under an hour then it's game on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Id say 30 mins roughly to restore another 30 to get everything back to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

If you just run update in iTunes, you are not restoring, all contacts etc are safe, just jb related stuff will go,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks lads. Not sure I'm arsed putting an hour of my time into it. I've only had to reboot the device twice since I got it (though this has caused me hassle both times, it's not enough to motivate me :D).

Ok, slightly noobish question here...I've discovered pkgbackup for keeping / restoring all my cydia stuff and settings. Can I just choose the "upgrade" to 3.1.3 in iTunes, losing my jailbreak but not my iTunes apps then do spirit jailbreak then the pkgbackup restore?

This sounds like it should only take about 5 minutes of mental effort (and some waiting).

edit: I'm doing it now...if anyone can think of a good reason to stop me...now's your chance....:D

Disaster. :/

The upgrade failed, leaving me with a phone that would not boot (blackrain wont tethered boot from a virtual machine and I have no windows machines in the house).

Think I'm gonna do a restore at the weekend and go from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement