Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

never herd of these actors. it will never be the same as original. loved steve mcgaret. with his hair in a quife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Daniel Dae-Kim (Jin from Lost) and Grace Park (Boomer from BSG) are well known to most folk.

Don't particularly like the new theme tune, hopefully will turn out to be a decent re-make. Been a while since Hawaii has featured in a cop show (Lost doesn't count, long time since Magnum PI graced our screens), will mean plenty of decent scenery shots anyhow.

"Book 'em, Danno" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trailer looks deadly... Will definitely be giving this show a decent shot...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

CSI Miami set in Hawaii?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Grace Park, Daniel Dae Kim, Jean Smart, Scot Caan...have to admit, thats an impressive enough cast!

Grace Park, Daniel Dae Kim, Jean Smart, Scot Caan...have to admit, thats an impressive enough cast!

Alex O Loughlin ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alex O Loughlin ;)

Never really thought much of him, only ever seen in them in that show Moonlight I think it was called? Terrible show, was only barely watchable for Jason Dohring!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

One of the well known Cop shows I never seen. The music is classic.

CBS: Cop Broadcasting Service !

Sounding even better, James Marsters is guest starring!

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »

One of the well known Cop shows I never seen. The music is classic.

CBS: Cop Broadcasting Service !

new show's opening credits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    its like whos who of pop culture icons, they have a lost star, a BSG star and now a heroes star, the least known been daniel dae kim, but of the 12 millions viewers that lost had i think some might know him, :D

i hope it doest go CSI Miami with style over substance, ill probably add it my list of shows, that list that i promised to whittle down after last years overload, :o

hawaii-five0-billboard.jpg

Fall 2010? whats!? Fall? :rolleyes:

What's wrong with saying Fall?...everyone knows what it means. So what if it's an American term for Autumn, besides....we are more American now then Irish.

What's wrong with saying Fall?...everyone knows what it means. So what if it's an American term for Autumn, besides....we are more American now then Irish.

I know Rich, I am just slagging the amount of people complaining about my use of the word for an Irish TV station.

^ tis bollocks....just give 'em the finger!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a277290/original-danno-for-hawaii-five-0-cameo.html
    James McArthur is to make a cameo appearance in the new CBS reboot of Hawaii Five-0.

The 72-year-old actor, who played Danny 'Danno' Williams in the first version of the series from 1969 to 1980, is the last surviving original cast member.

McArthur told WENN that he supports the remake, which stars Scott Caan as Danno.

"This one's going to be a hit," he insisted. "It's got a good cast and good plots."

He added that producers are currently devising a role for him to play.

"They've asked me to appear in the new show," he confirmed. "I'll do [a cameo] when the time is right."

The new Hawaii Five-0 premieres on September 20 at 10/9c on CBS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow lot's of familiar faces in the 1st 5 minutes, Sean Patrick Flanery, James Masters to name but two and the Theme is intact :)

No time to watch it all now , will have to report back later.

Well I really liked Hawaii Five-O. The cast work well and have great chemistry especially Caan and O'Loughlin. It was great also seeing Norman Reedus and James Marsters in the pilot all it needed was Sean Patrick Flannery ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i liked it, remeinded me of CSI:Miami, but with a lot a lot more substance,

solid cast, should drag in a few fanboys from lost and BSG, and i think theyll hold them also, if they can keep up the pace of the show, it will look like we have our very first successfull remake, after the recent failures of knight rider and bionic woman (which i actually thought was good)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

don ramo wrote: »
    i liked it, remeinded me of CSI:Miami, but with a lot a lot more substance,

Yes!!!!!!!! I thought so too, in terms of how it looks and all the cut a way shots over water between scenes., minus the dollop of csi:m cheese :D

It wasn't bad at all, nothing blindingly original about it but was easy to watch for sure. Not sure if ill follow it every week or dip in and out yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was a good solid start. I enjoyed it. They kept the "Book 'em Danno" catchphrase. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Just finished watching this, not too bad at all for a setup episode. Scott Caan is good in Entourage and is quite well cast in this I thought. The Aussie fella was a bit shaky but at least the mrs thought he was quite good looking :rolleyes: Looks like I'll keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes I quite enjoyed it although I found the backstory a bit shoe horned in. Hopefully now they have it out of the way they'll get on with it. Only remember the theme music and book him Danno catchphrase from original, did it have the same explanation for why McGarrett returned to the island and joined the police?
    I found it all a little too forced and what sort of accents were the 2 brothers doing at the start?
    At first I thought we'd have to put up with more dreadful oirish accents but they seemed to veer from Belfast to Moscow by way of Glasgow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just finished watching it I'd echo what other people have said in that its surprisingly good the cast have a pretty decent chemistry already and its only one episode in which bodes well .

All in all a welcome change of pace from the umpteen Csi-esque procedurals that seem so in vogue these days .

Saw it, not bad...the two leads are pretty strong, decent action, the violence is actuualy more violent then alot of shows you see on US mainstream tv, the gunfire sounded more realistic as well. VERY dodgy accent from James Masters. Grace Park and De Kim are NOT Hawaiian!

Solid start, but...it's a pilot, they are not gonna be chasing arms smugglers every week, i assume they now just do bog standard crimes each week?

• Advertisement

Hmmm...i'm still not sure after watching ep. 2 - the story was a bit OTT, is every week not gonna be normal police work?, just big unrealistic bad guys or terrorists?

The interplay between the two leads are good and they have good banter, but the show just feels like NCIS: Los Angeles mixed with CSI Miami.

Advertisement