Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yeah I agree about the banter between the 2 leads but wish they'd stop with the international terrorists with the dodgy accents! Will stick with it for another few eps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I am enjoying it as a turn your brain off kind of thing. Full of action and a bit of a laugh.

And I would imagine that no it will not be about noraml cop work Richard. They are a special group set up by the governer with immunity. They tackle these kind of things,not just normal investigations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anyone still watching?....i'm *this* close to giving up, i'll watch ep. 3 now and see. This and Undercovers are they only two that hover on the "throw in recycle bin".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone still watching?....i'm *this* close to giving up, i'll watch ep. 3 now and see. This and Undercovers are they only two that hover on the "throw in recycle bin".
    It's decent..

.. to be fair, you can't REALLY judge a show like this on it's merits after 3 episodes.

It's a procedural cop show with good chemistry and quips... it's never gonna set your world alight.

^ so how many episodes are required to form an objective opinion?, 5; 10....end of season?
    Latest had another round of solid banter between the leads, i also really like Dano and his daughter. I think it comes across well he'll do anything to be in her life and doats on her.

I like it and then i'm not too sure, it's a tricky one. This weeks eps. story was kinda weak, but the chemistry and banter is what sells it, i'll stick with it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

^ so how many episodes are required to form an objective opinion?, 5; 10....end of season?
    Latest had another round of solid banter between the leads, i also really like Dano and his daughter. I think it comes across well he'll do anything to be in her life and doats on her.

I like it and then i'm not too sure, it's a tricky one. This weeks eps. story was kinda weak, but the chemistry and banter is what sells it, i'll stick with it a bit more.

I think a series can get away with a few bad episodes mid-season but they really have to have strong ones from the beginning and at end to hold on to viewers. I haven't seen this show yet so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Not impressed with the first 2 episodes. I'll give it one more but tbh I think it's pretty dull. (Not even drooling over Grace will keep me watching I fear).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

3 episodes down , It's been ok as good as csi has been lately at least.

I think it's that bloody theme tune that got me hooked :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

calex71 wrote: »
    3 episodes down , It's been ok as good as csi has been lately at least.

I think it's that bloody theme tune that got me hooked :mad:

Play it in full so :)

dum de dum ba ba ba. dee deeeeeeeeeeeeee dum dum dum

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hawaii Five-0 actor James MacArthur has passed away at the age of 72.
    MacArthur played Detective Dan 'Danno' Williams for 11 seasons on the original CBS series, which aired from 1968 to 1980.

RIP

• Advertisement

I would love to see the new series,what telly channel are you all watching it on?

^ this is US pace, not sure whick UK/IRL channel is showing it....i stopped watching, didn't grab me enough.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I would love to see the new series,what telly channel are you all watching it on?

It is on in the US on CBS (I wait for Superman to deliver my episodes ;)) - Bravo picked it up over here but dont when they will start showing it and now Bravo is going to be gone soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Not a bad episode...except for this guy:

Some seriously bad CGI this week, I was actually laughing during the cliff top scene!

Not complaining about the gratuitous shirtless Alex O'Loughlin scene though :D (unless it was CGI as well!:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is this coming over here to any channels? i thought bravo picked it up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Im watching this myself it won't win a lot of awards but its still watchale....

is this coming over here to any channels? i thought bravo picked it up :confused:

I think RTE had it in their list of acquisitions announcement earlier this year as well. No sign of it on DigiGuide listings yet though.

It starts on Sky 1 at the start of February - Sky channels are advertising it now

Thats great news,thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement

Source Digital Spy

Larisa Oleynik is to join the cast of CBS drama Hawaii Five-0.
    TV Line reports that the actress will play ex-CIA analyst Jessica Kaye in multiple episodes, with an option to become a series regular in a potential second season.
    Kaye will apparently team up with McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) and his team to help track down the villainous Wo Fat (Mark Dacascos) and bring him to justice for the murder of her fiancé.

Oleynik previously played the title role on Nickelodeon series The Secret World of Alex Mack from 1994 to 1998. More recently, she played the fiancée of Ken Cosgrove (Aaron Staton) on AMC's Mad Men and has also appeared in episodes of Psych and Without A Trace.
    Hawaii Five-0 airs on Mondays at 10/9c on CBS.

Starts on Sky 1 this Sunday with a double bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Just watched the first episode,it was ok.But Damn I love that theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just watched the first episode on Sky. I'm really liking it. It's nothing too deep, but there's a good chemistry amongst the cast, good action, story is grand but nothing special. It's worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

humanji wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode on Sky. I'm really liking it. It's nothing too deep, but there's a good chemistry amongst the cast, good action, story is grand but nothing special. It's worth a watch.

What he said. Very enjoyable... going back to the pilot, I thought the two terrorist bros were Scottish, were they?? Seemed a bit peculiar to me at the time alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The main character Steve McGarrett is the new Horatio, the man can do no wrong. I was watching the latest episode with a friend yesterday and both of us were in stitches it got so preposterous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Personally I think it is dire. The original series had better low key, somewhat realistic copshow episodes. This rehash seems to be all crash bang wallop... Boomer couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

And what is it with the product placement for Chevrolet cars...

Absolutely hate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

tallpaul wrote: »
    And what is it with the product placement for Chevrolet cars...

Absolutely hate it...

I really like it. Its not too serious I guess. The chevrolet stuff, I've noticed HOWEVER the product placement for Microsoft Bing and Windows 7 phones is the most overt product placement I've ever seen. It's threading the line between product placement and ad....

Example -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Conor108 wrote: »
    I really like it. Its not too serious I guess. The chevrolet stuff, I've noticed HOWEVER the product placement for Microsoft Bing and Windows 7 phones is the most overt product placement I've ever seen. It's threading the line between product placement and ad....

Example -

I really really enjoy this programme. I guess it's because I can somewhat turn my brain off and just have fun with it and I really enjoy the relationship between Danno and McGarrett. Scott Caan is great fun to watch too. The action scenes are well produced and its all around fun! It's just OTT fun!

Seems to be improving viewer-wise in the US too. Season premiere had 15million viewers, whilst the 15th episode had 20million so its getting more popular.

However, that product placement was embarassingly bad.

Advertisement