Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lost-Hawaii-Five0-1034457.aspx

Terry O'Quinn thought he left the island, but he just can't stay away.
    The Lost alum has landed a recurring role on the second season of Hawaii Five-0, TVLine reports, reuniting him with series regular Daniel Dae Kim, a fellow castaway.
    O'Quinn will play a Navy Seal Lt. Commander who served with McGarrett's dad in Vietnam and also trained McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) in Coronado. He'll also have some answers regarding the murders of McGarrett's parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm loving this show :D the banter, the stories, the chemistry between danny and steve is fantastic. cant wait for season 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tom Sizemore joins H50 for season 2 arc, excellent addition imo....underrated actor [given the right material/motivation]:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/27/tom-sizemore-hawaii-five/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Good stuff. Two good additions to the cast. Really looking forward to season 2. That end of season 1 episode was nuts.

• Advertisement

Source TVLine
    Hawaii Five-0 is playing host to an Entourage reunion this fall, casting Autumn Reeser as a love interest for Scott Caan’s Danny.
    Reeser — whose Entourage character Lizzie Grant rarely, if ever, crossed paths with Caan’s alter ego Scott — will play the potentially recurring role of Dr. Akina, the curator of a maritime museum who lends her expertise when a murder investigation takes McGarrett and Danny into the world of sunken treasure.
    Danny is instantly smitten with the brainy and beautiful doc.
    This marks Reeser’s first TV gig since wrapping ABC’s No Ordinary Family in the spring.
    Five-0‘s second season launches Sept. 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Here's the season 1 recap!

Starts on RTE 2 tonight

oh my god, no way. yay!!!

• Advertisement

Holy sweet mother...stunning new member to the team Lori Weston :D
    Great chemistry between herself and mcgarrett and fit into the role seamlessly i think.

bad buzz with kono at the end of the ep...hope she's not been written out of series??

i saw the 1st episode she is in, the woman is after ruining the whole chemistry between danno and steve, absolute no chemistry between her and steve at all. the sooner she's gone, the better

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i saw the 1st episode she is in, the woman is after ruining the whole chemistry between danno and steve, absolute no chemistry between her and steve at all. the sooner she's gone, the better

Why spoiler that? I think she's great. Good acting ability along with good looks = win win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

Have people stopped watching this? What did you think of the crossover episode with NCIS? I actually thought it was a good episode by H50 standards! I might be tempted to catch the continuation on NCIS LA. I havent' watched any of the NCIS series.

Overall I think Season 2 is better than season 1. I'd given up on the show this time last year.

squonk wrote: »
    Have people stopped watching this? What did you think of the crossover episode with NCIS? I actually thought it was a good episode by H50 standards! I might be tempted to catch the continuation on NCIS LA. I havent' watched any of the NCIS series.

Overall I think Season 2 is better than season 1. I'd given up on the show this time last year.

Weird, I think there's another thread floating about that's more up to date.

Yeah i've seen up until the ep before the latest one...have the small issue of exams to deal with.

Didn't realise they were doing a crossover, sounds intriguing. I think this season took a while to find itself again but is a bit of fun. Still enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »

i like the show, but i don't think its anything to write about, its like the CSIs very procedural,

im liking season 2 but i thought season 1 was a bit better, i was a bit dissapointed they got rid of lori as i really liked her character she was fun, i think kono seems to be a bit underwritten this year compared to last, she doesn't seem to be doing much the last few months, shes like a gofer, i did think maybe the writer switched their attention to lori, but since shes left kono still hasn't been doing much, the show is currently running on dano and Steve bromance, and even thats on the back burner due to o'loughlins problems,

im happy its got a third season, cause i do like it, i just think they could try a little harder in one or two places,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I liked Lori too. There's a bit too much chopping and changing with cast on the show now. We had Lorri who showed up and then went away. Terry O'Quinn, ditto and Danno's father who showed up, and was never heard from again! Kono & Chin are just there pretty much this year. The shrimp truck guy is still there and I can't believe that. I would have put money on him being phased out over time.

I actually am enjoying that McGarrett is out of the picture for a while. The broamnce was a bit much really and it's nice to see Danno & Chin being the focus of things for a while.

I can't help feeling though that the show is there primarilly to sell Windows devices, GM Cars and tickets on Aloha Airlines to Hawaii. Anything else is fairly tacked on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would've liked to have seen Steve and Sam interact. Too bad. But yeah I like that Chin has helped to fill the Steve void for now and Max has a bigger role as well. Though he seems less weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why the hell do they put Wo Phat into that stupid prison when you know he has contacts there (well I guess Five 0 dont) - finale will probably see him breaking out

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why the hell do they put Wo Phat into that stupid prison when you know he has contacts there (well I guess Five 0 dont) - finale will probably see him breaking out
    well yeah, that's the general idea, can't have the main bad guy in prison, plus his fight scenes are amazing.

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well yeah, that's the general idea, can't have the main bad guy in prison, plus his fight scenes are amazing.
    agreed - what is going on with Kono and Adam?? Really didnt see that one coming! Will they stay together or has it ended now as a result of him tying her up?

Mc Love wrote: »
    agreed - what is going on with Kono and Adam?? Really didnt see that one coming! Will they stay together or has it ended now as a result of him tying her up?
    Ah so many ways to reply to that. :D
    I'd say Chin will disapprove but Kono will point out how he's changed and what happened was just because of his dad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah so many ways to reply to that. :D
    I'd say Chin will disapprove but Kono will point out how he's changed and what happened was just because of his dad

So predictable - so very Hawaii 5 0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very good season finale. The scenes with Chin at the end was very surprising, never saw it coming. I kind of had a feeling that Shelburne was going to be Steve's mother. Definitely a strong end to a good season, looking forward to the third series now.

was starting to have my suspicions about mamma McG being shelbourne a couple episodes ago, but thought nah, they wouldn't go down that road. so i was still stunned that they actually went down that road. looking forward to season 3.

Finale plot taken from Alias and The Dark Knight :p but hell it worked well I think Adam saves Kono, Chin probably contacted him I like to see Adam back next season and now for who to play Steve's mamma ideas?

Was thinking it would've been funny if Joe answered the door after Steve knocked. Just ran around the back. :) Expected his dad. His mum died in a car explosion, didn't she? Wonder if they were hinting at her faking her death by this week's bad guy faking hers.

oh, some thing i heard through the twitter vine via friends, mamma McG name is Doris.

this has come from Peter Lenkov's twitter account a couple of weeks back.

the last couple of episodes ROCKED. mostly because lauren "who can't make a facial expression if her life depended on it" german was long gone.

Michelle Borth, who appeared in first two seasons as McGarrett’s squeeze, will join the CBS procedural as a regular when it returns for a third season in the fall. She will reprise her role as McGarrett’s girlfriend, Lt. Catherine Rollins.

• Advertisement

Good news!

Advertisement