Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concertina

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just wondering are there any concertina players sa ruta seo!

I play piano and fiddle, but concertina is an instrument I'd like to try. Is there anyone doing renting in galway/dublin so i can try it for a few months, or is there somewhere that sells relatively cheap ones?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The cheapest one to practice on is a Rochelle, which is very big compared to most concertinas and sells for about the €250 mark. It has a nice action, despite its size. Don't bother with anything cheaper than that as a crappy action will drive you away from the concertina.

I think Comhaltas may have some ones they rent out for practice purposes.

If you decide to stick with it and have someone who would like to buy you something nice, Harry Geuns has some nice quality Anglos, for much less than most of the made to order makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Crehan's of Carberry Rd, Marino sell an entry level model at a reasonable price.

Advertisement