Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Plans

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Right so i took out a bill pay plan...then meteor couldn't get settings neither wanted to help set up my phone to use the internet...so i called em and the girl on the phone said i could cancel by email... since the shop i bought it in was 200 km away and im doing my exams...

email sent...and got back rubbish after a week...i replied and never got an answer...now got billed...

but the problem is that im actualy am paying 30 quid a month for 200 texts and 200 mins and 1gb...now i might have got lost in the T&C's but as far as i remember when my mum had a contract she had her minutes and texts as bonuses not just the minutes and everything outside is on top of 30..

is all bill pay plans like that or have meteor lost their mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The way you have it is normal, don't know what your mum had probably some kind of "experience" plan.

You'll only pay for what you go over your allowance , so you've got your 200 minutes, 200 texts, webtexts and 1GB of mobile phone only internet.

Anything outside that allowance will cost you, also the 200 minutes do not include 1890 numbers ect. This is a good site for trying to find alternative phone numbers http://www.saynoto1890.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

yeah well if i knew that i would have never taken it in the first place...its crap...getting that amount for 30 quid is really a rip off...especially compared to uk bill pay plans where they give out thousands of mins and calls for the same or slightly higher cost plans

Your in Ireland:o, it's a pretty good offer compared to the rest of them. It's probably the best offer for 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

yeah well if i knew that i would have never taken it in the first place...its crap...getting that amount for 30 quid is really a rip off...especially compared to uk bill pay plans where they give out thousands of mins and calls for the same or slightly higher cost plans

More people live there so there is more competition, you will never get the same offers as that here, totally different markets. They can afford to give those plans due to the many millions that live in the UK. Remember the size of Ireland and its population.

You have a pretty good deal.

yeah but i never get the logic behind this...by signing a contract you commit to a company...that means that your loyal to them...but you dont get anything for it...bit stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

More people live there so there is more competition, you will never get the same offers as that here, totally different markets. They can afford to give those plans due to the many millions that live in the UK. Remember the size of Ireland and its population.

This nonsense about size is always quoted. There are plenty of smaller countries with better deals for telecommunications than large ones.

ardmacha wrote: »
    This nonsense about size is always quoted. There are plenty of smaller countries with better deals for telecommunications than large ones.

You can't say it is nonsense. You can't compare plans with the UK in my opinion.

angel01 wrote: »
    You can't say it is nonsense. You can't compare plans with the UK in my opinion.

you cant because people dont demand for them or complain therefore no ones gives them to you...as he was right there are smaller countries with better plans and offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ardmacha wrote: »

Any examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Right so i took out a bill pay plan...then meteor couldn't get settings neither wanted to help set up my phone to use the internet...so i called em and the girl on the phone said i could cancel by email... since the shop i bought it in was 200 km away and im doing my exams...

email sent...and got back rubbish after a week...i replied and never got an answer...now got billed...

but the problem is that im actualy am paying 30 quid a month for 200 texts and 200 mins and 1gb...now i might have got lost in the T&C's but as far as i remember when my mum had a contract she had her minutes and texts as bonuses not just the minutes and everything outside is on top of 30..

is all bill pay plans like that or have meteor lost their mind?

I'm confused, are you complining because Meteor didn't cancel your contract or the tariff. Why sign up to bill pay if you don't understand the tariff

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    I'm confused, are you complining because Meteor didn't cancel your contract or the tariff. Why sign up to bill pay if you don't understand the tariff

i asked to cancel contract...i called the meteor service and the girl said i could fax a cancellation...i dont have a fax machine so i asked her can i email it...she said yeah...got sent back rubbish which wasn't even what i asked...so i replied again and no answer then...

so i rang customer care again today and he said i cant cancel it through email and i had to go to the shop with the handset and cancel it there...but i couldnt go there cause the shop was back in the country side and i had my exams coming up next week thats why i emailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Do you not have to €30 x remaining months of contract for cancelling

SShhhh, I don't think he realises that yet?:D

If it's bill pay smart lite it's only a 30 contract but I don't think that's what his on, he got a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Davy wrote: »
    Any examples?

Slovenia. Country of 2 million people. Here is the offer (in Slovene of course):

http://www.simobil.si/sl/packages.cp2?cid=F0DF3AEA-A3A2-9046-8514-55E23C2BBE0A&linkid=package

English translation: for €18 per month you get 1000 minutes of calls to the Vodafone network, 1000 minute of calls to fixed lines and 1000 SMS. Calls to other networks cost 10c per minute. If you add €8 per month you get 200MB of data, for €12 per month you get 2GB of data, for €18 per month you get 20GB of data.

Probably doesn't compare to the offers in the UK, but sure beats the Irish offers.

Do you not have to €30 x remaining months of contract for cancelling

yeah i do...but you can cancel it within 14 days...i would have made arrangements to go back to the shop to cancel it if the girl hasnt told me i could cancel it through an email

blaz wrote: »
    Slovenia. Country of 2 million people. Here is the offer (in Slovene of course):

http://www.simobil.si/sl/packages.cp2?cid=F0DF3AEA-A3A2-9046-8514-55E23C2BBE0A&linkid=package

English translation: for €18 per month you get 1000 minutes of calls to the Vodafone network, 1000 minute of calls to fixed lines and 1000 SMS. Calls to other networks cost 10c per minute. If you add €8 per month you get 200MB of data, for €12 per month you get 2GB of data, for €18 per month you get 20GB of data.

Probably doesn't compare to the offers in the UK, but sure beats the Irish offers.

Living expenses will be less than here, you wouldn't get that here

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

angel01 wrote: »
    Living expenses will be less than here, you wouldn't get that here

What have living expenses got to do with anything? People brought up the lower mobile prices in UK. The usual argument was put forward that prices in the UK are lower (while the living expenses are higher, so your argument is void right there) because the UK is a much larger market. Someone claimed that there are loads of smaller markets with lower prices and I gave a specific example.

Oh, you want an example of a European country with similar living expenses and lower prices than Ireland? Sure:

Luxembourg. Population: around half a million.
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ireland+luxembourg

http://www.luxgsm.lu/EN/private/tariffs/relax.php

For 10+5+5+10 = €30 per month you get unlimited calls to all fixed and mobile networks and unlimited SMS.

So, what's your point?

i just feel that im getting ripped of for being loyal to meteor rather than just being on pre pay and switching to o2 the next day...

pre pay meteor 20 quid free calls and texts to meteor or free texts to all

bill pay smart 30 quid you get 200 mins 200 texts and 1 GB

hmm i wonder which one gives more value?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Stupid argument. The one that gives the best value is the one that suits you. If you know no one on Meteor, option a is fairly useless. 200 mins on PayG is about 58e or so.

chrislad wrote: »
    Stupid argument. The one that gives the best value is the one that suits you. If you know no one on Meteor, option a is fairly useless. 200 mins on PayG is about 58e or so.

well the main people i call are on meteor...same with texting...so with getting bonus free calls and texts i still got my 20 quid to spend on internet or calling and texting other networks...

58 euro? which rate are u looking at?

• Advertisement
Advertisement