Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake Decorating for Dummies

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

avid baker and although they are very tastey my presentation leaves a lot to be desired! I am trying to teach myself icing and decorating and was wondering if anyone could recommend a simple but good how to book for icing. I have looked them up online and there are loads but I would prefer hear from someone who knows and thinks a book is good.

Also interested in cake decorating classes in Dublin but it would have to be on a weekend and not too intense, this is just personal interest

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

bp wrote: »
    Hi all,

avid baker and although they are very tastey my presentation leaves a lot to be desired! I am trying to teach myself icing and decorating and was wondering if anyone could recommend a simple but good how to book for icing. I have looked them up online and there are loads but I would prefer hear from someone who knows and thinks a book is good.

Also interested in cake decorating classes in Dublin but it would have to be on a weekend and not too intense, this is just personal interest

Thanks in advance

search it on ehow.com? i actually dont know much about icing myself, the next time ur the bookshop look for the food section, i there an 'icing for dummies' book maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I didn't see an icing for dummies book but I will look harder! :D

There are just so many not sure which is the best to start with!

I will check out that website, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nobleedinway

i know it's not the same but there are some brilliant tutorials on cake decoration on youtube. I use it alot for decorating cakes and buns i find watching someone do it is a bit more helpful

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cake+decorating+techniques&aq=1

hope this helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Thanks - I will give that a look :-)

Advertisement