Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest points for Marksman's Head shot

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi everyone the most i'v got is 279. I was playing on isle inocentes, using a gol with magnum ammo and 12x scope (pc). Just would like to know everyone else's best! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As far as I can deffo confirm its 220, thats absolute confirm. I think I got higher but cant say for certain. Only reason I remember is I never play sniper so it was a shock when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

around 670
    The way it works is ..points for a kill, points for a headshot...and a point for every yard over 100 yards i think. the further the shot the higher the points.
    I think about 800 or so is the highest anyone has out there

Snipers....what a worthless lot.....they do absolute nothing. Well thats not strictly true. There are a few that actually contribute to the team with spotting and usuing motion sensors properly. Most however are so caught up trying to kill at all they dont even know the round is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

And why for the love of god do they join a team? it's the ultimate act of selfishness! Nothing I hate worse than seeing a sniper practically back at base when I'm looking for a respawn!

Me and Fightin Snr were on the worse them ever the other night, out of about 15 peeps on our side I swear 10 were camping snipers on the mountain. I was fit to fuggin kill, i was gonna change sides just to stab them all.....useless W A N K E R S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Africa harbour can be turned from the best infantry maps to the worst by too many snipers in the US side. What annoys me is when they all go sniper and they started bitching about going near their spawn when they have'nt moved 10 feet from it. I counted 13 snipers 1 night on craggy.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Me and Fightin Snr were on the worse them ever the other night, out of about 15 peeps on our side I swear 10 were camping snipers on the mountain. I was fit to fuggin kill, i was gonna change sides just to stab them all.....useless W A N K E R S.

Dunno if it would have been worth your while changing teams tbh, I was on the other team and they did more or less the same thing. Funniest moment for me was watching my squad defending a house in the middle of nowhere haha, I was like wtf???.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

too many snipers = bad

snipers that just shoot and never help = bad

snipers that stay waaaay back and dont move to get a position that helps = bad

1 sniper per 2 squads = good

snipers that spot/warn/clear a path and keep enemy troops pinned until the rest can get into position = good

Snipers that move forward (the recon part of their role) and take up position behind the enemy front line, especially when they have LoS on areas behind cover where enemy will shelter from and possibly stall your squads advance = good

I've been having great fun as recon and usually score more from spot/assist than from kills (also its great fun to remove a building to clear a kill zone with mortars :) ).

TBH no snipers = GG
    The only reason they put up with them is some weirdo's love em.
    if they took snipers out of the game entirely it'd probably make BC2 the best damn shooter ever made.
    But we have to make do. I've been trying out the n95 with a *4 scope that's pretty good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The biggest thing that annoys me is that those snipers that camp at the back of a map really don't give a sh1t about teamplay and winning the round. On a Rush map your tickets/lives will be slowly grinding down and they just won't help to get to the MCOMS. Only time I play sniper is to get achievements, got most of them done now, need a few more headshots.

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote: »
    The biggest thing that annoys me is that those snipers that camp at the back of a map really don't give a sh1t about teamplay and winning the round. On a Rush map your tickets/lives will be slowly grinding down and they just won't help to get to the MCOMS. Only time I play sniper is to get achievements, got most of them done now, need a few more headshots.

To be fair, the developers have given recon the tools to play as part of a squad, pity as you've said snipers are all about the K/D average.
    For me nothing beats running with a squad, I die lots and then some but hopefully a squaddie will rez me, if I saw a medic go down I'd happily swap kits to revive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Giving snipers mortar strike capability was a big mistake. Mutliple kills from across the map is a huge camp incentive. Motion mines are about the only decent sniper squad add-on and noone ever bloody uses them.

Giving snipers mortar strike capability was a big mistake. Mutliple kills from across the map is a huge camp incentive. Motion mines are about the only decent sniper squad add-on and noone ever bloody uses them.

I love when snipers use the motion detector. It starts beeping when it lands near me but I can hear it. This just tells me company will soon be here.
    Any1 else confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I got 3452340 for a sniper head shot once. I headshotted a guy at hotel in karkand from one of the buildings on Atacama Desert, thats a whole fooking game my shot travelled. Beat that!

TheFairy wrote: »
    I got 3452340 for a sniper head shot once. I headshotted a guy at hotel in karkand from one of the buildings on Atacama Desert, thats a whole fooking game my shot travelled. Beat that!
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Motion mines are about the only decent sniper squad add-on and noone ever bloody uses them.

I use it with shotgun all the time. Really great for defending a point with teammates - or throw it into a firefight and rack up the points as everyone else does the hard work.

LOL....Welcome to SLACKERSville population YOU!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

I do agree snipers are 9/10 useless. 1 thing I have noticed is that very few people seem to spot much, I'm talking about everyone. If I do play as sniper I can sometimes be nearly the only person spotting its stupid.

More would spot if it would fecking work!

It usually does work. What problem are you having?

• Advertisement

Tis a regular problem where it affects a few players at a time, other times its spot on, who knows whats wrong with it!

Apparently there's a spam filter on the Q key, if you press it too much it get's disabled for 5 secs, read that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Apparently there's a spam filter on the Q key, if you press it too much it get's disabled for 5 secs, read that somewhere.
    That would make sense, I'm always tapping Q, and sometimes it will spot someone and straight away the red triangle will disappear.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Tis a regular problem where it affects a few players at a time, other times its spot on, who knows whats wrong with it!

Well with your sausage fingers you are prolly hitting the Q key and the Return/Enter key at the same time....:D

Thats definitely happened me. It just wont spot for me at all when it happens

Just dont spot around Dublin BUMMER he robs enough kills already....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Maximum headshot score is 560 (from what i was informed and have scored) to get it you are absoloutely no help from your team, africa harbour just outside the first base shooting down to the rocks behind the last base.

Advertisement