Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend boarding kennels for Rescue Greyhound?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi!
    We have a beautiful 3 year old greyhound who is very much part of the family.
    As we have to travel this weekend and cannot bring him, I'm looking for a boarding kennel in the Swords/ Ashbourne/ Malahide area. We're willing to travel to get the right place!
    Our guy is a sweetheart but can be a little sensitive so we really need somewhere that goes above and beyond! Also being a rescue dog, there is the possibility that he'll think he's being returned to the sanctuary.:(
    So special attention would be great!

Anyway, any recommendations would be great! Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Contact MJ at Orchard Greyhound Sanctuary. She usually has a few suggestions http://www.orchardgreyhoundsanctuary.com/ Or perhaps the rescue you got him from could suggest somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I can recommend Estuary Kennels down along the Estuary between Malahide Sailing Club and Swords. I used to work there...many moons ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our guy is just back from Best Kennels in Garristown (about 15 mins from the Coachman's Inn) and he had a great time. He was in great form afterwards and was even groomed :) We'll definitely use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'd recommend Best Kennels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

Rivendell Kennels in Meath - http://www.rivendellkennels.com

They own greyhounds, including a rescue one so will know exactly how to look after your guy! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement