Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cursing in English (paper 2) ?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Can you swear in your answer if it is a direct quotation from your text? I know it is seriously frowned upon in paper 1...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

dynamot wrote: »
    Can you swear in your answer if it is a direct quotation from your text? I know it is seriously frowned upon in paper 1...

Yes you can.
    For example "Fcuk the Pope" from Longley is fine. However remember that every student is going to remember it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

well there are quite a few swear words in Billy Elliot for the comparative aswell as Longley and I plan on using a few quotes so I hope you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

"Fúck the pope", "Giv'em one for the Shankill" and Bástard son are all fine because they are used in the actual texts

Advertisement