Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a stick/crutch

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I'm 23 and I suffer from fibromyalgia, IBS and panic attacks.

My right hip has been giving me a lot of trouble for the past few months, and completely gave out on me in town today. My mobility is suffering, and I'd like to get a stick to help support myself. My Mum (who also suffers from fibro) has one but she was given hers by an occupational therapist.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (or online) where you can buy these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You'd probably have to be measured for one - I know my mother got hers made for her specifically, got the height from her occupational therapist & one was made up in one of those medical supply shops (I think there was one on Talbot street). Other sticks she got my dad cut them to suit the measurements given.
    Do you have a physiotherapist or any consultant that you see? I would get them to give you a height (that you would need for the crutch/stick).
    Or perhaps if that shop is still on Talbot street they might be able to help there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Or if your just after a stick rather than a crutch then you could try somewhere like TheGreatOutdoors who should have a range of walking sticks and may have a preferable "look" to one you'd obtain elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I saw some adjustable walking sticks in a Lidl today

Advertisement