Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading previous versions of Adobe CS (NOT illegally)

Options
  • 31-05-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Recently bought an iMac and wanted to crossgrade my Adobe CS4, for which I have a Win and Mac S/N (volume licensing).

Only trouble is, original DVD's are Windows only. I called Adobe support, and of course, all they wanted to do was upgrade me to CS5, saying that they no longer supported CS4.

Well I wont have it! (*waves fists menacingly*)

Anyone know where I can get a trial version of CS4, and use my legitimate S/N to activate?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Mac & Windows versions of software have different serial numbers. You can only do a 'cross platform' upgrade as far as I know, though maybe there's a way to convince Adobe otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 declanon

Hi smcelhinney, I had the same issue, I called Adobe support. Because CS5 is now the latest version, they remove all Mac and PC CS4 downloads. If you upgrade to CS5 you will have the ability to perform a cross platform exchange.

It's really annoying, but there is nothing much you can do, other than pay to upgrade.

Advertisement