Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Router

Options
  • 31-05-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good router. I'm with UPC and have a Netgear WGR614 v6, which I've had for a while now. At the moment my wired speed is twice as fast as my wireless and as far as I know I have the latest firmware (V2.0.19_1.0.19). I'd prefer to get another Netgear to make as smooth a transition as possible, but if the general consensus is that they're shít, then I'm obviously open to suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

With UPC (depending on the package) you'd want N.
    Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
    Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

The first one (WZR) has gigabit ports and USB port for NAS/Bittorrent fuctionality etc
    The second one (WHR) would be fine otherwise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you did want to stick with Netgear have seen some good reviews of this:

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home_wndr3700.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers lads, I'm leaning towards the Netgear one at the moment. None available on Komplett at the moment even though it seems to be quite expensive.

Advertisement