Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gullimean diving board

Options
  • 31-05-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

any one know when the diving board will be going back up in the gullimean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

i heard theres not going to be one this year...county council are afraid of placing one there due to insurance reasons. Other councils have removed their diving boards. I dont think they like the article in the munster no so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

thats strange surely it must be safer to jump of a diving board that a ledge with rocks under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

No it's not going back up this year. from what i can gather the council were delighted when it broke last year. They are also on about knocking the ledges off the rock face to so as not to promote jumping off, not that it will discourage anybody. but on the good news front there is plans afoot to put down more concrete that should give more jumping areas and safer for getting in /out of the water. Pity about the board though and even more of apity they never brought back the hight diving board over the cove.

Advertisement