Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reliable Mechanic/Garage.

Options
  • 31-05-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I recently put my VW Polo throught the NCT and failed on emissions, specifically my HC on high idle, my lambda was also on the number - so it just passed. Going by what I've been reading, this is probably an indication that the catylitic converter is doomed. Does anyone know of someone reliable in the south of Dublin (Kimmage, Terenure, Templeogue, Tallaght etc) area that would be able to replace this, along with the equipment to test the emissions to make sure that they're grand?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

Hi All,

I recently put my VW Polo throught the NCT and failed on emissions, specifically my HC on high idle, my lambda was also on the number - so it just passed. Going by what I've been reading, this is probably an indication that the catylitic converter is doomed. Does anyone know of someone reliable in the south of Dublin (Kimmage, Terenure, Templeogue, Tallaght etc) area that would be able to replace this, along with the equipment to test the emissions to make sure that they're grand?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    R.

Cats are expensive and no guarantee that it will fix the problem.. Would you not first get it diagnosed by someone who has the knowledge/experience and the necessary diagnostic kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rowanmassey

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    Cats are expensive and no guarantee that it will fix the problem.. Would you not first get it diagnosed by someone who has the knowledge/experience and the necessary diagnostic kit?

I'd be more than happy to do that first, and save myself the expense. :) Would you have any recommendation on where I could take it to get it done? A suggested Garage would be also much appreciated - just in case things go pear-shaped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

I'd be more than happy to do that first, and save myself the expense. :) Would you have any recommendation on where I could take it to get it done? A suggested Garage would be also much appreciated - just in case things go pear-shaped.

Sorry mate I don't. I just know my limitations. :)

Can you change the thread title to something more interesting? Like "is my cat knackered?" or "NCT fail on HC"? I don't know if that's possible.

Bump!

Advertisement