Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no water from hot taps

• 31-05-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,

I turned on the immersion earlier for half an hour and when i went to turn the tap on hot water trickled for a few seconds and now there's no water hot or cold coming from any of the hot taps. Has anyone any idea what might cause this or how i might fix it and if i've done any harm by having the immersion on (it's off now).
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Can you check in the attic and see if there is any water in the tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tz1981

no i can't - I've just rang the landlord so hopefully he won't be too long bout getting it sorted. Don't have any way to get up to the attic (I'd need a step ladder) and the neighbours aren't answering their door. Thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Has the water been switched off recently? It could be an airlock in the hot supply, which can be easily fixed

Id recommend checking this out, but I would naturally make sure there is water in the tank, and its switched on first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Id recommend checking this out, but I would naturally make sure there is water in the tank, and its switched on first

If anyone is going to try the above ,be warned that you can blow the valves on your washing machine doing this.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    If anyone is going to try the above ,be warned that you can blow the valves on your washing machine doing this.

Are you talking about a machine that has a hot supply going to it, or a cold only supply?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OddJob4

yoshytoshy wrote: »

But the washing machine is not in the loop :P

OddJob4 wrote: »
    But the washing machine is not in the loop :P

Its on the supply as its cold, unless the machine also takes a hot supply, which most don't nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OddJob4

Yes, but the flexi is going from washing machine hot & cold feed, so the washing machine is not in the loop. :D

"Disconnect the cold water hose from the back of the washing machine (Turn the valve off first). Disconnect the hot water hose from the valve on the hot water pipe. (Turn this valve off first also). Now connect the free end of the cold hose, to the free, hot valve."

Advertisement