Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Dublin - Looking for things to do

Options
  • 31-05-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

So guys, I'm fairly new to Dublin and looking for some things to do!

I'm really looking at weekday evenings as I work during the day and am usually not around weekends. I could manage the odd weekend.

Looking for clubs/societies to join or anything like that! I get bored in the evenings:(

Willing to give anything (well most things) a shot, so any recommendations/advice??

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

What type club / society you looking for?

Social teams are great fun and nearly every sports club has them, the type that don't take it seriously and go for pints afterwords is great craic. There's Gaa, Football and Rugby clubs all over Dublin, take your fancy. That's just a brief idea, tell me what you're into and I'll try to dig something up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Johnny 89

RMD wrote: »
    What type club / society you looking for?

Social teams are great fun and nearly every sports club has them, the type that don't take it seriously and go for pints afterwords is great craic. There's Gaa, Football and Rugby clubs all over Dublin, take your fancy. That's just a brief idea, tell me what you're into and I'll try to dig something up for you.

Thanks RMD,

I'm really looking for something that doesn't involve a whole lot of commitment.

I know most sports clubs would involve a lot of commitment with training, matches etc. so maybe not!

Not really sure what i'm after, just testing the waters to see what's out there!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Johnny 89 wrote: »
    Thanks RMD,

I'm really looking for something that doesn't involve a whole lot of commitment.

I know most sports clubs would involve a lot of commitment with training, matches etc. so maybe not!

Not really sure what i'm after, just testing the waters to see what's out there!

Loads of tag rugby clubs around, especially during the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

well go on to the bridge and do abit of a jig on it , thats a start,......

wixfjord wrote: »
    Loads of tag rugby clubs around, especially during the Summer.

Thanks,

Maybe a goer, where can details be found?
    antocann wrote: »
    well go on to the bridge and do abit of a jig on it , thats a start,......

Am thanks, but think i'll pass:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Thanks,

Maybe a goer, where can details be found?

Am thanks, but think i'll pass:rolleyes:

You said your willing to give anything ago and youl get money for doin it :D:):P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

League of Ireland matches usually played on a Friday night, 5 teams in Dublin so you'd have a good choice.

League of Ireland matches usually played on a Friday night, 5 teams in Dublin so you'd have a good choice.

Very good idea, but ideally trying to fill the gap mon-thurs evening!

I'm a bit of a blues fan so often try make it to the RSC on a friday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

A course?: Photography/learn a language/cooking/.....

Martial arts? Painting lessons?

Join a running/cycling club near Phoenix park?

Depends what you are into really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Im not in Dublin, but I was gonna say, why dont ya just go for pint?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is so much to do in dublin

you could go and see an art house movie in the lighthouse or the IFI

there are always exhibitions on in templebar

the vegatarian restaurant in powerscourt, does 4 week courses on a tuesday for 20e

check out these sites

http://www.templebar.ie/events

http://www.dublin.ie/login2.aspx?path=/mydublin.aspx

http://www.dublinevents.com/events/

http://www.visitdublin.com/events/dublin.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very good idea, but ideally trying to fill the gap mon-thurs evening!

I'm a bit of a blues fan so often try make it to the RSC on a friday evening!

Good lad!;)

As suggested MMA, or the likes would be a great evening filler, most of them courses would usually be around a 6-8 start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Good lad!;)

As suggested MMA, or the likes would be a great evening filler, most of them courses would usually be around a 6-8 start.

Not to mention it's a great thing to have and it will get you into shape. 2 friends used to do it, said circuits was death but they really enjoyed MMA overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭kittykrazy

Join meetup.com. There's loads of different activities from comedy groups to walking groups, going out drinking and even a polygamy group!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Check out freefun.ie, they list free stuff that is going on in Dublin.

Worth following them on Twitter; www.twitter.com/freefundublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭nohopengn

Larianne wrote: »

the event guide is an excellent source of info

Advertisement