Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Personality Test

Options
  • 31-05-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

It's about how children develop their personalities

It's on BBC1 now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

First part was on last night.

Really enjoying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Karlos13

Is it the same guy who did the 20th Century Child stuff? He's great. Don't suppose you know if it will be repeated? I missed it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Karlos13 wrote: »
    Is it the same guy who did the 20th Century Child stuff? He's great. Don't suppose you know if it will be repeated? I missed it:(

BBC website may have it to watch online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can you take the test in Ireland? Tried last night but I got a notice saying that it was down. My husband and I have a bet on who is the more conscientious!

I thought it was very interesting about the whole nature and nurture thing and that being high and low in the different attributes have both advantages and drawbacks. My husband found that he was very stressed out afterwards, he saw for the first time just how much responsibility we have in moulding our son!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Karlos13

Kitty, tell your husband to read Freakonomics. They make the point that personality is largely down to genetics and he has done most of his share already. As long as you don't mess up badly [I'm assuming your genes won't have already ruined your child] most of what he does is largely irrelevant. Ha ha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Karlos13 wrote: »
    Kitty, tell your husband to read Freakonomics. They make the point that personality is largely down to genetics and he has done most of his share already. As long as you don't mess up badly [I'm assuming your genes won't have already ruined your child] most of what he does is largely irrelevant. Ha ha!!!
    Sorry to say it for the fans of the show but after studying Piaget I find Robert Wilson irrelevant as well in a scientific way. He is entertaining but is in my opinion a media whore. Parents would spend their time much better by reading Piaget and his extensive study of his own kids. It is a hard read but much more informative as it should be.

Wilson is a popular media driven person. He ignores the variables and concentrates on public opinion to much for the show. Much like Michael Moore on political issues. That is my opinion.

Advertisement