Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTB: Who's into Mountain Biking?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

One option is to split off something like bike maintenance into a subforum. This spans all types of cycling. It would reduce the number of posts in the main forum which is a bit of a problem. There is a high turnover rate with topics falling off the front page very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I think the sub-forum debate could go on forever with everyone wanting there own one!

To add to the mix I think the most benefical one would be a sperate one for Spins. As mentioned earlier in this thread the majority of them are for Dublin (which I have no problem with) but ones for other counties quickly get moved down. A seperate spins forum would prevent this and could also cover MTB spins?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys the sub forum debate is over - its not going to happen. Can we just get back onto normal conversation about Mountain Biking?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Is it at all possible to delete this thread and start over. The original question was who is into mountain biking and has now turned into "I think we should have a .... forum/subforum"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys the sub forum debate is over - its not going to happen. Can we just get back onto normal conversation about Mountain Biking?

The unilateral approach eh! nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I haven't been properly mountain biking in ten years, even though I've a full sus gathering dust in my attic.

Needs new headset bearings - if anyone can tell me what I need for a 2006 Carrera Banshee, I'd be much grateful. Seems to be some generic low-profile thing. Also needs new wheels, 3 years of commuting with the suspension locked out pretty much destroyed them.

I might take it down and stick it in the in-laws shed this week though while they're out of the country. I'll them it's always been there. The only reason I haven't been out on it as an MTB is because I couldn't be arsed taking it down and putting it back up. And road biking == speed == fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

road biking == speed == fun

Ah Seamus, mountain biking== downhills, rocks, jumps, trees, branches, wet, mud, crashes, speed== really serious fun:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Road Biking =

york-heritage-c102-exercise-bike.jpg
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Mountain biking is probably more fun than road cycling, but that doesn't mean road cycling isn't any fun at all. They are both certainly better than sitting around on your ass all day.

Whenever I have gone mountain biking I have been reminded of snowboarding, I suppose road biking is more like cross country skiing then.

Anyway who cares? Why do people keep trying to make this divide where none exists (jokes about baggies and truffle hunting aside).

I'm trying to sell a bike at the moment but if it doesn't move soon I might hang onto it, I wouldn't mind a boards spin out to Ballinastoe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement