Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lough Key Triathlon-- Sunday 5th September

• 31-05-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

registration opens tomorrow for this.

it's bound to sell out fairly quickly.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 11 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    63%
    oconnadSerespgibbojb-skiir666tawfeereduxbombidal 7 votes
    3 stars (average)
    36%
    tribesmanEC1000El Directortoo much trifle 4 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Dowee

Anyone know what time registration opens at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

4 stars (good)
    Dowee wrote: »
    Anyone know what time registration opens at?
    hi, Dowee,

Entry now open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

3 stars (average)
    I cannot find a link for entry.....am I too late?

4 stars (good)
    I cannot find a link for entry.....am I too late?

http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-09-05/lough-key-triathlon

there ya go.

3 stars (average)
    Cheers JB! Dodged a bullet there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Dowee

Thanks JB. Got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

Hi Guys
    I hope it's ok to put up this post here but just wanted to let you all know that Lough Key triathlon is completely sold out. We sold 150 places in less than two hours, completely sold out in about 2/3 days.
    Due to the unprecedented demand for places we are not keeping a cancellation list and should places become available closer to the time we will be selling them on a first come first served basis. I've kept cancellation lists in previous years and found that when it comes to the time of the race half the names on it are no longer interested/too busy/made other arrangements. So this year the cancellation places will go to people who really want to do it at that time.

Regards,
    Ladytri

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

Hi Ladytri,

Possibly a stupid question but does that mean you'll release them through runireland as and when they arise or on your own website or flag them on here in some way?

Many thanks.

No.
    Online registration is completely closed. If someone cancels I'll give their place to the first person who requests a late entry by contacting the club email address. Best time to get in touch will be around 2 weeks before the race as that's when the cancellations will be coming in (if any!).
    Hope that helps - it's been just bedlum with requests for places so it's the only way we can do it without taking on a secretary!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

understood. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Did anybody hear anything back about cancellations for this event?
    I mailed the club email on the 17th and was told to try again at the weekend.
    So I mailed again on Sunday but never got a reply.

Hi PWEI
    Unfortunately we had virtually no cancellations so places are not being made available at this stage. I hadn't responded to your email as I was waiting to see if some late cancellations came in before getting back to you.
    Sorry to disappoint - be sure to sign up on time next year though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Best of luck to everyone doing this tomorrow!

Great event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Good luck to all doing this tomorrow!

I didnt realize just how much work went into organizing a triathlon until this year; so kudos to ladytri for enabling a painless transfer of my entry to someone else a few weeks back.

3 stars (average)
    A well run event, really its a credit to the Lough Key Tri club, only 10 members or so and they really put on a great race in a beautiful setting. Just two things and that would make the race a 10/10;

1) drafting it was happening wholesale
    2) km markers on the run would be nice

Otherwise it was great, nice goody bag and tech T too. Thanks to all involved on the day too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Yes a beautiful setting for the transition area.

I couldn't decide did i miss the km markers or not, I put the head down when i started to hear the PA speakers only to have to take a 90 degree turn away from them again. My best 5k split all year though maybe its better not to know sometimes ;)

4 stars (good)
    A well run event, really its a credit to the Lough Key Tri club, only 10 members or so and they really put on a great race in a beautiful setting. Just two things and that would make the race a 10/10;

1) drafting it was happening wholesale
    2) km markers on the run would be nice

Otherwise it was great, nice goody bag and tech T too. Thanks to all involved on the day too.:)
    catweazle wrote: »
    Yes a beautiful setting for the transition area.

+1
    the good weather was a bonus too after last year.

km markers a good idea, (drafting not an issue mid pack, where i hang out!)

well done all on a great event.
    lots of improvements this year (e.g. briefing area, water entry/exit, registration tent etc)

also very well marshalled, some of the commercial events could learn a lot
    from these guys.

see you next year, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

+1 on a great event.
    Very well run and the setting was excellent. Weather helped too.

Agree about the drafting. It was rife throughout the field. Very frustrating to have a guy sit on your wheel or guys working together, they will have an advantage on the run.

Well done to Lough Key Tri club. Credit to the small number of club members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

4 stars (good)
    Fantastic event again this year. The weather was a real plus after the misery that was last year. The chicken curry wasn't too bad either!

The drafting was shocking. There were a couple of groups drafting like mad on the main road where the wind was at its toughest. Blatent drafting. Frustrating to see when you're working hard to try to catch and pass them! :mad:

The run is beautiful. I don't think I've done a nicer run anywhere. The lake was beautiful for the swim too. Flat calm. Happy days.

Nice to see Gavin Noble racing too, even if it was only in transition before the race. He's one serious looking athlete. Impressive!

Nice to bump in to a few boardsies there too. Well done all.

Roll on Loughrea this week. :cool:

Hi All
    Thanks for the kind comments:) It's been a massive undertaking and we're all completely exhausted after the weekend.
    Dissappointed to hear about the drafting but we'll get the feckers next year! Definitely something we'll improve on.
    Hat's off to all the competitors too, we'd a few newbies around and they all commented on the craic and camaraderie in the transition area, not to mention the encouragement along the course. You really are a nice bunch of people:) Thanks to everyone who hung around too, it created a great atmosphere and made it more enjoyable for those finishing late.
    On a negative, it's really frustrating for me as a race organiser to be turning away people who genuinely want to do our race when all the places are sold out -we had about 70 no shows yesterday, they had plenty of opportunities to let us know they weren't going to compete. I had about 100 people looking for places and that's just in the last 2 weeks so think before you register please and if you're not going to do it, let the race know...rant over

We're doing our race debrief later today so keep the feedback coming!

Oh and apologies re the KM markers on the run, they were supposed to be done but somehow got overlooked - sorry, they'll be there next year, promise.

• Advertisement

"Hi linda, Finbar
    a short note to congratulate you both and your team for successful race on sunday - very well organised, a great location and great fun.

Thank you too for accomodating my late entry, I appreciate it

I hope you have recovered well and have taken great satisfaction for all your efforts

Gavin Noble"

Shucks, I'm blushing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Hi Ladytri,

My only complaint was finding the place, I got to Boyle fine but then I could see no signs for Lough Key. No-one around at that hour but eventually I corralled an old woman into giving me directions which cost me ten minutes as I had to listen to her telling me I should go boating and what I should do in there before she gave me directions.

A couple of small arrow signs in the town and outlying areas will help the usual stressed latecomers like me to get to registration on time

Besides that I had a great day, well done I was well impressed when I heard there was only 10 members of the club, it was very well organized.

Thanks catweazel

that lady was right though, you really should go boating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

4 stars (good)
    well done on a great day out , especially to ladytri and Finbar , ye really upped the anti this year , was only doin the run part this year so noticed the excellent set up and smooth progression of the whole race round the transition area , serious level of organisation involved , hopefully will do the full one next year again , good turnout of crowds too and one of the best natural locations for a tri , roll on lough key tri 2011

And thanks to you Seres for all your help on Saturday AND Sunday morning!
    Well done on a super run...as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭tribesman

3 stars (average)
    I'd like to add my congrats to Lough Key Tri Club. It was my second time doing the race and it was nice to see some improvements to what was already a well run race. The carpet at the dismount line, and the ramp for entry/exit to the water were nice touches.

Drafting was an issue though - I don't think Finbarr mentioned this in the briefing.

Any chance of sticking up the results on the website?

prov results are on redtagtiming.com. waiting for finalised results before I load them on the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

3 stars (average)
    I REALLY wanted to give this event 5 stars but had to deduct a mark because of the ridiculous drafting that was going on, especially on the main road. I was passed by a group of 12 to 15 riders just before we re-entered the Park - the guys at the back of the group were even sitting up taking a breather! (I guess if I was a better cyclist I wouldn't care!).

Apart from that, excellent event, excellent venue and I'll be back for more next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ir666

4 stars (good)
    It was a great day out for me and my family.

A big thanks to all the organisers.

Please keep an eye out for a pair of blue maru goggles somewhere in the lake ;)

I was wondering why the main entrance road wasn't used for the cycle.

Also if the event was held on a Saturday , Sunday could be spent on the couch instead of dying thru work.

The location is fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone.

Tired but happy.

• Advertisement

I'll keep an eye out for them goggles alright, think I saw a pike swim past with a pair like them on lookin' all smug.

We don't use the main entrance to the park for the cycle because it would cross over with the runners

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭too much trifle

3 stars (average)
    thanks lady tri for a great day,
    sent you an e.mail earlier re:my d.n.f. hope this can be sorted,
    as has been said before, this event improves year on year,
    congratulations.

Advertisement