Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touring Ireland by Bicycle

Options
  • 31-05-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, i am planning on touring around Ireland soon. Has anyone done it before if so any tips??

All ideas welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I'd suggest you post over on the cycling forum they'd be able to give you the best advice.

This book is a very good for detailed route descriptions, i'd highly recommend getting it, has twelve routes in total and generally a very helpful book.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

we cycled down the northwest coast for over a week last summer. was class. we were doing 70-100km a day. stopping and chilling at friends places on the way, or just camping out. i would set your target a little lower than "around ireland" first try. do do a week out and see how you get on. its good fun when the weather is nice. it is hell when it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazziemann

ok thanks, a week sounds plenty....

Advertisement