Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for ready roll coloured icing

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Baking for a fundraiser this wkend. Got myself some ready roll coloured icing but no idea what to do with it.

I'm not one bit arty but do have a lot of cookie cutters.

Any suggestions or can anyone point me in the direction of a site that has free templates. It has to be a doggy/animal theme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ok, so maybe start with sky blue colour all over the cake. Cover the cake board if you wish, you can pipe writing there!
    Then using a sharp knife cut strips of grass-green fondant, and place them in columns of differing heights all along where the cake meets the cake board, creating a grass effect. Stick them on with edible glue if you have it, or with royal icing piped as glue.
    Next cut out cloud shapes either with a knife, or many circles together will form a cloud! Place them at the top edge of the cake on one side, creating a sky.
    Next get your animal cookie cutters and cut from the relevant colours. Use a small amount of piped icing to add eyes,ears, fur, etc. Place them amongst the grass, in various positions, perhaps playing with eachother, you get the idea?

I find that less is more with the icing, and the animals will be great, be confident and you'll have a lovely cake :)

Advertisement