Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda helicopter on the southside?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is / was with the garda helicopter circling the Rathgar / Harold's Cross area? It's been going on for the last half hour or so, flying fairly low.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I can hear it in Ranelagh, it has been around the area quite a bit in the past few weeks. Maybe somebody with a scanner could tell us, I never seem to see the action!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

prob tracking some scummers ...fair play to 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Good question! It's been directly above my house most of the time, hovering about. Expecting the door to be kicked in any minute soon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

At first it was exciting, now it's just freaking me out a bit (=| not that I've got anything to hide). Would be cool to know what's going on though.

• Advertisement

Scien wrote: »
    Starting to annoy me now... It's been going around in a circle for the past 20 - 25 mins.

Try working from home, it'll do your head in after a while!

It seems to be above Kenilworth Square area now ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vinylqueen

Haha ahh the wonders of the Internet. Just googled 'garda helicopter rathgar' & found this thread. Can see it from my flat window hovering... Anyone know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's fairly common around here in Ranelagh, at least a few times a week and not just around the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Try working from home, it'll do your head in after a while!

It seems to be above Kenilworth Square area now ...

Or writing a 10k essay :o

Hopefully they'll catch whoever needs catching soon! I used to see it a lot more frequently when I lived in Glasnevin but not so much in Rathgar/Rathmines... oooh, I think its gone! :)

6ix wrote: »
    Or writing a 10k essay :o

Hopefully they'll catch whoever needs catching soon!

I'm doing both! It'll go after a little while and we'll all be none the wiser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shhhhh! They're after me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah thats were it is thank the gods got sick of it last weekend hovering for 40 mins at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

You poor southsiders best stay away from cabra/finglas.

I came on to start a thread wondering why the Garda chopper wasn't flying overhead when i saw this
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Heard it there a few minutes ago, Leinster Rd area. Gone now.

I'll never forget my friend telling me about the time his flatmate rang terenure garda station at 3am to tell them to tell them that he couldn't sleep becase of the garda helicopter over the house! He gave them a right earfull apparently! :D They told him that it was doing important work and would be gone shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I can hear it in Ranelagh, it has been around the area quite a bit in the past few weeks. Maybe somebody with a scanner could tell us, I never seem to see the action!

Are the guards not gone digital hence most scanners are defunct?

finty wrote: »

Actually, where I live is normally very quiet (I can hear the trains in the middle of the night from about 4km away), but when there is a helicopter nearby, the sound reverberates a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ah thats were it is thank the gods got sick of it last weekend hovering for 40 mins at 2am.
    finty wrote: »

I came on to start a thread wondering why the Garda chopper wasn't flying overhead when i saw this
    :)

Ha! that's what I thought when I saw this thread. Jaysis, I was getting worried about them, at least I know where they are now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Makes a change not having it flying above around my area, months on end without fail it would be around, I'd say the half dozen Garda bikes and patrols that do the rounds are enough these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Makes a change not having it flying above around my area, months on end without fail it would be around, I'd say the half dozen Garda bikes and patrols that do the rounds are enough these days.

Same here Gav...I live down around the docks area and it can be a right pain in the Ass sometimes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I thought it was very quiet around Ballyfermot last night!

I didn't want to post it at the time, but they were going so far as to search gardens and wheelie bins.

Did anyone hear what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

You southsiders actually started a thread? I don't even look nowadays.

(Too busy hiding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubbly123

It was so annoying!! Right over my house, had to put ear plugs in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Everyone can relax, everything back to normal, Garda Helicopter spotted over Finglas 20mins ago.

Des wrote: »
    Everyone can relax, everything back to normal, Garda Helicopter spotted over Finglas 20mins ago.

You do know they have several of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Way to tell the criminals you are coming sirens blaring and helicopters flying over head :rolleyes:

Was over my house the other night head was thumping :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

bump

The thing is going mad over clonskeagh/mount merrion/ucd kinda area...anyone know whats up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

robz18 wrote: »
    The thing is going mad over clonskeagh/mount merrion/ucd kinda area...anyone know whats up?

Leaving Certers who finished today going wild!?

Advertisement