Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda helicopter on the southside?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

there is a sign in letterkenny in donegal to slow down garda helicopter in operation, must be for the upcoming rally at the weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was in the Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove area about a week ago and made an awful racket, got me out of bed at around 1am and just kept circling for the best part of an hour.......at one stage it was over my house for several minutes.....thought the commando's were gonna land on the roof!!!:eek:

It didn't seem to have the spot light underneath like they use when searching for someone but more of a red flashing beam. I couldn't figure out what they were up to at all. Heard it the next night around the same time but seemed to be hovering around Dalkey/Killiney!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

i done this a few times got a great laugh from it annoying them i stuck my head out my window one them one's that open out and with a torch made blinking flash's on and off it does be gas when they shine that torch thing back in the window never seen my room so bright simply close the curtains till it go's away and start all over again :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

anto86 wrote: »
    i done this a few times got a great laught from it annoyin them i stuck my head out my window one them one's that open out and with a torch made blinking flash's on and off it does be gas when they shine that torch thing back in the window never seen my room so bright simply close the curtains till it go's away and start all over again :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Gridlock wrote: »
    Was in the Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove area about a week ago and made an awful racket, got me out of bed at around 1am and just kept circling for the best part of an hour.......at one stage it was over my house for several minutes.....thought the commando's were gonna land on the roof!!!:eek:

It didn't seem to have the spot light underneath like they use when searching for someone but more of a red flashing beam. I couldn't figure out what they were up to at all. Heard it the next night around the same time but seemed to be hovering around Dalkey/Killiney!! :confused:

Spotlights are long gone and for good reason, they use thermal optics now I'm pretty sure. Easier to track a criminal than with a spotlight and it doesn't alert the criminal that he's being watched to the same extent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

robz18 wrote: »
    bump

The thing is going mad over clonskeagh/mount merrion/ucd kinda area...anyone know whats up?

They're after some burglars from Finglas.

/joke. Don't ban me, Des.

Advertisement