Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Saddlebag

• 31-05-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

putting an order in ( another one!) on wiggle and need a saddle bag can anyone reccomend a good one?

have been looking on wiggle + chainreactions but no bag seems to stand out. looking for one not too big one that fits tube,keys, phone,energy bars, - for a racing bike

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I bought a cheapie bag in Aldi a few weeks ago for a tenner. It does the biz perfectly and it came with a few small tools as well. Definetly worth the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

BBB are grand ,they have 3 sizes available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

I bought a Topeak Aero Wedge recently from Chainreaction, & i'm very happy with it.

I used to have a BBB one that clipped onto a bracket that was attached to the saddle rails, but found that it tended to bounce around a bit. Other than that it was fine, it never fell off or anything & wouldn't have bought a new bag only it was stolen.

The Topeak is strapped onto the seatpost & also to the rails with velcro fasteners, and it's so secure I tend to forget it's there. Got it in a medium size, enough to fit a spare tube, tyre levers, repair kit, allen keys, mobile, & a couple of energy gels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

shamwari wrote: »
    I bought a cheapie bag in Aldi a few weeks ago for a tenner. It does the biz perfectly and it came with a few small tools as well. Definetly worth the price

I'm with shamwari, I bought one of these two years ago and is what I use when I want a larger saddle bag, it fits loads (two tubes, tools, bars, phone, keys, money, small children), seems quite durable, comes with bike tool etc (which i still use) and well I cant fault it really:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ipodrocker wrote: »
    I have that one too in small. Just about fits mini pump, 2 tubes, chain tool, crank bros speed lever and a multi-tool. It's a bit of a squeeze to get it all in though. You could probably squeeze a mobile in there too if you weren't overly concerned about scratching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

seamus wrote: »
    I have that one too in small. Just about fits mini pump, 2 tubes, chain tool, crank bros speed lever and a multi-tool. It's a bit of a squeeze to get it all in though. You could probably squeeze a mobile in there too if you weren't overly concerned about scratching it.

Think the small size is fine so judging by this. no point having one too big:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

If getting a Topeak, get the strap on version. The clip ones are handy but the clip bit has a tendency to break and it does not seem possible to get a replacement part which is a PITA :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

blobbie wrote: »
    If getting a Topeak, get the strap on version. The clip ones are handy but the clip bit has a tendency to break and it does not seem possible to get a replacement part which is a PITA :mad:

i going to get a smaller one as the one i have is a little on the big side, its grand on the hybrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

I use this small Conti Saddle bag (comes with tubes and levers), with the necessary allen keys/tools.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Continental_Undersaddle_Tube_Saddle_Bag/5360007142/

Then I use this as my mobile in a bag in my back pocket to save smashing my nice one:
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Free-Mobile-Phones/Motorola/Motorola-WX-160-SIM-Free-_-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone-%2B-FREE-O2-Pay-As-You-Go-SIM-Card
    (you need to put in your Irish SIM though)

Advertisement