Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social welfare and work

• 31-05-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Subject to an interview there's a possibility ill get 20h a week work at the min wage. What way does this work with social welfare? Will i be able to claim for the other 20h and if so what will the amount be..
    Any info welcome
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

elius wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Subject to an interview there's a possibility ill get 20h a week work at the min wage. What way does this work with social welfare? Will i be able to claim for the other 20h and if so what will the amount be..
    Any info welcome
    Cheers

OP you are allowed work a certain amount per week and still be able to claim some SW. I know their is certain conditions one of which is you are only allowed work three days max per week. So if those twenty hours are over five days you do not qualify.

If its not over more than 3 days you will be sent four yellow slips once a month for each week in the month on which you mark which days you worked. This will act as your signing on as they must be signed and dated.

edit - best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Scarab80

Wrong section.

Post in here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Scarab80 wrote: »
    Wrong section.

Post in here

Couldnt find the proper place to post ............. Apologies mod ;).

Mods please move to the proper section. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

according to here( see bottom of page ) - http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW69/Pages/1WhatistheParttimeJobIncentiveScheme.aspx
    you could be entitled to
    Part Time Job Incentive Scheme( This scheme is for people who have been getting Jobseeker’s Allowance for 15 months or more. It allows them to take up part-time work and get a Part-time Job Allowance instead of the Jobseeker’s Allowance. - http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/Pages/ptji.aspx )

The seem to have ended the Back to Work Allowance last year - http://www.welfare.ie/en/schemes/jobseekersupports/BackToWork/Allowance/Pages/btwa.aspx

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

elius wrote: »
    Couldnt find the proper place to post ............. Apologies mod ;).

Mods please move to the proper section. Thanks
    Done:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hughy

OP you are allowed work a certain amount per week and still be able to claim some SW. I know their is certain conditions one of which is you are only allowed work three days max per week. So if those twenty hours are over five days you do not qualify.

If its not over more than 3 days you will be sent four yellow slips once a month for each week in the month on which you mark which days you worked. This will act as your signing on as they must be signed and dated.

edit - best of luck with the interview.

hi eli...i too might be gettin 20 hours in a 3 day period...but i havnt been workin in over a year and im gettin rent allowance...i have a child that stays here 3 nights a week...do u know were i stand...would really appreciate it if u could reply...thanks

Advertisement