Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrest Check: BlazBlue & Melty Blood League + Team League

Options
  • 31-05-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Just to see who's interested in a couple of ideas. As started by OWMKC with SSF4, i just want to see who'd be interested in:

1. BlazBlue Singles League
    2. Melty Blood Singles League
    3. BlazBlue Team League
    4. Melty Blood Team League

For singles league i am thinking maybe 5 bi-weekly league battles, or 10 weekly league battles, seeing as how CS will be out soon.

Melty Blood is a damn fun game that literally anybody can play, i picked it up for 10 mins and was good. (Better than BB...) And would be great to start a league for. This could be 10-15 Weekly or Bi-Weekly League Battles.

Team battles - I was thinking of maybe 2v2 teams seeing as how there are not that many BB players here :( It will be a set team format for the league season EG if Xinkai teams with Kiki, then they will team for the duration of the season, no swaps.

Melty Blood - Same format as above.

As i said it really doesn't matter if you don't play the games, it's all for good fun. There will be a low cash entry fee just to help with console payments, if there is money left over at the end it will be given to 1st place.

Who's interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

As long as you can share around the MB link so as we can practice, and the BB is CS not CT, I'm well in for any and all of these things.
    Just two queries/suggestion, out of interest;
    Cash in to play in the leagues and the winner takes a prize home at the end? Or Free2Play?
    Maybe with a few honorable mentions (joke prizes too) for people like; "Best Comeback", "most improved" and so on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As neither of those games are quite popular in our scene at the moment, maybe have just team events?

People can pair up with a more experienced player of said game and try learn from them. Would certainly be a good way of introducing players to these games and an incentive to learn as they'd be part of a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Can you map a button to Focus attack in any of those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Funny you should say that... MB has a 5th "Quick Action" button which is some kind of do-all shortcut thingy...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Guessing this is in dub? Sadly I could only afford to go up the once a month and am hoping to attend inferno each month but outta curiosity's sake which MB would be played? Only played actress again meself. So many many maids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Would having this on the same dates as kneecaps league work? It might be a good idea if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

@ Generic Name: MB would be run on my laptop. Making it MB: Act Cadenza.

@ VOA: I'm not promoting piracy, but google is your friend. Also, we don't HAVE CS, so the game will be CT.

@Chopper: Theres no harm in doing both, more leagues the merrier. Though to be fair, i don't think i'd allow say teams like Me & Joe teaming up, it it were to go ahead with just 8 people that would be grand, do an NXT type format, put a guy who knows nothing with people who know the game, say for instance, Me team up with you, Joe with Doom, Voa & Dreddy, Dan & Kiki.

Melty Blood though as i said, nobody knows how to play it, not even me, i just took to it and learned as i went along, ask Kiki. Anyone stands as much a chance as anyone else when it comes to MB imo.

And finally...

@Doyler: Whos that girl in your facebook pic?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Sounds interesting. Azza taught me about that umbrella bitch, i'll school you chaps yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Doylers sig = epic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Would it not be possible to run MB:AA on a ps3 if someone has a copy?

• Advertisement

Not in XGC unless somebody brings a 60GB console. Who cares if it's AC or AA really let's just try get an MB scene first. My laptop takes any stick too and is a big enough screen for everyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I know which MB isnt really that important but in AA characters special move setup are totally different based on what moon cycle you pick. I only played AC briefly so maybe it was in that too? Also, in AA the OP character is a cat that smokes! Must be seen to be believed!

If anyone is interested, I could put AA on me external hard-drive and bring it with me to inferno? Wouldnt be able to bring me laptop tho but if whoever is interested brought theirs I could pass it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

If anyone is interested, I could put AA on me external hard-drive and bring it with me to inferno? Wouldnt be able to bring me laptop tho but if whoever is interested brought theirs I could pass it on?
    Did AA get a PC release? I thought the only home version was PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

moon cycle

Hahahahaha pervy japs.

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B (for Windows) is what we're going with for now.

Melty Blood Actress Again was only released for JP (and US?) PS2, so there's no easy way for us to play it outside emulation, and I'm not sure how well my laptop handles that.
    MBAA (Naomi) has also not been ripped, so again, no way to play it.

And Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (MBAACC) isn't out yet. It'll be on Sega's RingWide arcade board, so it MIGHT get a PC port/rip at a later stage in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

BB and Melty tournaments would be awesome, but would there honestly be enough players for a team league? Maybe have a showcase 5v5 or something (with team players and order decided on so that each time has a fair chance of winning) for each game but considering so few people play either, singles tournaments would be best I think.

If we got 10 people we could do 2v2 with 5 teams (Maths ftw)

Imo theres no reason for the SF lads not to take part, as it's gonna be cheap, it' gonna different, & it's just generally gonna be fun, AND there might be a prize at the end of it all, on a game that nobody plays, so as far as BB goes, ok some people might be a shoe in there, but on MB everybody essentially has the same amount of EXP, so anyone stands as much a chance as anyone else, so i don't see a reason to have a one off 5v5 when if i can get 10 people (Which should be easy to do) we can have a weekly/bi-weekly league.

Plus MB is mash-friendly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Melty Blood Actress Again was only released for JP (and US?) PS2, so there's no easy way for us to play it outside emulation

As mentioned in a previous thread, i have this on my ps2. There are also plenty of ps2 sticks among us.

Play PS2s where though? Not XGC surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Play PS2s where though? Not XGC surely!

why not XGC? as long as someone is willing to bring in their PS2. You rent a playstation, unhook it from the telly and plug in the ps2.

Same thing we do with the laptops essentially.

Orim wrote: »
    why not XGC? as long as someone is willing to bring in their PS2. You rent a playstation, unhook it from the telly and plug in the ps2.

Same thing we do with the laptops essentially.

Exactly. Sure sometimes people don't even pay for the power to run the laptops!

Final Word: MB: Act Cadenza

I didn't think of this option.

Of course, you had to mention this JUST after I took out the (possibly non-working) PS1 cable from my VSHG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I have an EX2 modded for PS I can bring on the day if you guys like

AC is on my laptop, which is easier & less trouble.
    It's gonna be AC.
    Not AA.

Bump for people who haven't seen thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Xinkai wrote: »
    AC is on my laptop, which is easier & less trouble.
    It's gonna be AC.
    Not AA.

This just doesn't make sense. As far as I know everyone else in the world has moved on to MB:AA and AnimaX has it on his PS2 which he is willing to bring and we have lots of PS2 sticks available, so why wouldn't you take him up on that offer?

This just doesn't make sense. As far as I know everyone else in the world has moved on to MB:AA and AnimaX has it on his PS2 which he is willing to bring and we have lots of PS2 sticks available, so why wouldn't you take him up on that offer?

Exactly. I am also willing to commit my ps2 to the running of future Day of Champions tournaments because I have almost every fighting game worth mentioning on the ps2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    Exactly. I am also willing to commit my ps2 to the running of future Day of Champions tournaments because I have almost every fighting game worth mentioning on the ps2

I'll take it :pac:

In all seriousness if it's not too much could you me a list of the games you have. Or least just give me some idea.

Alternatively, I'll ask you to random select a PS2 game for each DoC.

Advertisement