Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How does Xbox Live work and speeds neccesary?

• 01-06-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

832237140.png

well im living in the country and thats my speedtest result. Can anyon tell me is that good enogh for xbox live as in playing online games like shooters or racers smoothly? The reason i ask how does xbox work is because that ping is oobviously based of a server in limerick does xbox work like that or would i be connecting to uk or europe depending on who i am playing with or what?

Sorry if im unclear or in the wrong place:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

832237140.png

well im living in the country and thats my speedtest result. Can anyon tell me is that good enogh for xbox live as in playing online games like shooters or racers smoothly? The reason i ask how does xbox work is because that ping is oobviously based of a server in limerick does xbox work like that or would i be connecting to uk or europe depending on who i am playing with or what?

Sorry if im unclear or in the wrong place:p

There's no servers on any games for the Xbox as far as I know, individuals host the games. Your ping is good and speed should be adequate, I'd love pings like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

amacachi wrote: »
    There's no servers on any games for the Xbox as far as I know, individuals host the games. Your ping is good and speed should be adequate, I'd love pings like that.

But thats to limerick ...and when i do the pingtest it doesnt even go through properly over packet loss? i have a wireless broadband from premier broadband.. Im sure there must be more to xbox live than ping and speeds...what conncetion are you using may i ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes indeed it's all about the pings, some would actually envy yours OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

amacachi wrote: »

Call of Duty(Waw and Mw2)
    Battle Field Bad company 1+2
    Burnout Paradise city
    Left 4 Dead
    Halo 3
    There are quite a few games with servers on Xbox 360

Your speeds should be fine when I first got my xbox I had a 1mb line with a crap ping and I was still able to play most games with no problems.

Advertisement