Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Install Problems

• 01-06-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Ok techies,

As sad as this may sound.... I'm trying to install Theme Hospital onto my Vista 32bit laptop....

Before you start, its a class game....

Only problem is, It wont install! When I load the CD, the auto run pops up and I press Run.... The little introduction comes up and Install. After install, it gives me the disclaimer to accept, which I do, and that's it! NOTHING ELSE!

I'v tried opening the folder and running the setup.exe but again, after I press the "Allow", NOTHING! Nothing happens...

What the hell? Any suggestions?

Mods if this is in the wrong spot, sorry! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Right click the installer and set it to run as Admin and in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Windows or Mac ?

in anyway is there anything blocking it ? allowed and disallowed files etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Windows or Mac ?

:rolleyes:
    onto my Vista 32bit laptop....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Have you tried disabling "User Access Controls" (UAC)?
    I'm running Win7 32bit and have had similar problems before trying to run some older programs...

Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Access Control Settings.
    Set this to 'Never'
    (If it still doesnt work after this then its a comptability issue and put this setting back to its default)

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

Have you fix the problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement