Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody do freelance putting system together in Dublin

Options
  • 01-06-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I want to have a system put together for me. The important components would be
    +A solid state drive to run my OS and a database program, 100GB would be enough I imagine. A secondary hard drive for data.
    +A lot of RAM
    +A strong Graphics card, which is capable of supporting dual 30" Monitors @ 2560 Resolution
    +A cooling system to make sure it doesn't blow up [my last system did]!

Obviously all other parts should be of strong quality too

Anybody based in Dublin area who would be willing to find the parts, and then assemble them once I've ordered them, in return for whatever is a reasonable fee?

Alternatively, can anybody recommend someone to do the above?

Thanks alot

Gavin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

valor wrote: »
    I want to have a system put together for me. The important components would be
    +A solid state drive to run my OS and a database program, 100GB would be enough I imagine. A secondary hard drive for data.
    +A lot of RAM
    +A strong Graphics card, which is capable of supporting dual 30" Monitors @ 2560 Resolution
    +A cooling system to make sure it doesn't blow up [my last system did]!

Obviously all other parts should be of strong quality too

Anybody based in Dublin area who would be willing to find the parts, and then assemble them once I've ordered them, in return for whatever is a reasonable fee?

Alternatively, can anybody recommend someone to do the above?

Thanks alot

Gavin

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp

They will build your system for you before shipping it over for a small fee, check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Deano12345 wrote: »
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp

They will build your system for you before shipping it over for a small fee, check them out.

I've seen them mess up though, I saw a friends pc assembled by them where the cooler was very badly fitted, wasn't put on right and it started to overheat.

Why not built Yourself? a few hours reading and You'll be ready to go, its just expensive Lego. The hardest bit is picking the parts, thats what We're here for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I've seen them mess up though, I saw a friends pc assembled by them where the cooler was very badly fitted, wasn't put on right and it started to overheat.

Why not built Yourself? a few hours reading and You'll be ready to go, its just expensive Lego. The hardest bit is picking the parts, thats what We're here for.

Ive heard some bad stories too, although every company has a a bad story about them somewhere along the the line.

I didnt suggest that he build it himself as it sounds like he really doesnt want to. I'd would definitily do it if it was me, its a great learning experience.

Give us a budget and we'll sort you out with a parts list :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Phil dublin

yea i build machines, based in tallaght.
    if you want some help building just let me know.
    theres a few of us that do it, and all from boards and adverts.

phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I just dont really trust myself to do it, I'm not very "handy"

Budget around 1500 max I guess. Could go over if its necessary...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Assembly just isn't that big a deal. Generate a parts list first though. Once that's done, buy in the parts, and we can advise on the assembly, or there's bound to be someone in your neck of the woods who'll help with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

1500 will buy you an amzing machine, including someone to put it together.

But i would suggest you have a read on how easy it is to do.

its like playing with lego, except you have to connect cables at the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Phil dublin

1500 will get you a very nice machine.

if you need help putting it al together let me no, ill show you how to do it.

as the lads said its just like lego.

altho your first build can be scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

www.pcscomms.com
    PM or e-mail me if you need any help mate

I'm not doubting that its not rocket science, or reasonably easy to put together yourself, but I'd much rather have someone who knows well what they are doing choose the correct parts, and put them together in the correct manner, without me runing the risk however small of doing it wrong, or running into problems, and wasting time. Morever, I dont want to spend the time researching the best parts, nor the time putting them together. I'd rather just pay someone to do it, hence the post!!

Thanks for all the replies

Do you have a wesbite or a means of contacting you Phil?

• Advertisement

Bump for Phil and anybody else who does this type of work?

Someone highly recommended would be ideal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bump for Phil and anybody else who does this type of work?

Someone highly recommended would be ideal

If you buy the parts then I'll build it for free.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Spear wrote: »
    If you buy the parts then I'll build it for free.

Wait - you didn't add the "beer+pretzels" clause?! :eek: I've just lost all respect for you! :(

:pac:

Opinions on these parts?

Case: Nox Raiden - €64
    PSU: Corsair tx660w - €89
    Mainboard: Asus P7H55D-M EVO - €127
    Processor: i5 750 - €205
    Memory: 8gb Corsair XMS3 - €265
    SSD: Intel X25-M 160 €395)
    Back-up HD: 1tb Spinpoint F2 - €72.50
    Disk Drive: Lg Blueray drive - €98
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NHC12P SE14 - €64
    Graphics: Sapphire 5750 duel link dvi - €103
    Windows 7 64bit OEM - €105.95

Are some of these components a bit over the top?
    /Edit dont need a Blueray drive, so I'll be cutting that out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

swap the mobo for a gigabite p55a- ud3 or a msi p55 gd65 swap the case haf 922 great case swap the hd samsung f3 much better and do you plan to game if so i would of said you need a 5770 but really a 5850 for them screens you plan to get

Advertisement