Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Who Meet Up : June 26th

Options
  • 01-06-2010 2:22am

Just out of interest...

If we could find a pub that would accommodate us, would anyone be up for meeting for the last episode (due to air on June 26th?).

If there's a bit of interest, I'll check it out. Could be fun, major Dr Who geeks hanging out watching the last episode of the series together...

I know, needs a catchier title. Answers on the back of a postcard to the usual address :P

All suggestions for where welcome btw :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Sounds like a great idea...

Once there is not a big match/game on that day we should be able to find a pub with a large screen that's willing to show it once we can show there will be a good turnout of people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Might be hard to find a pub to do it to be honest, May 26th is the same day as the start of the World Cup Quarter Finals, one at 3pm with France possibly playing it, and another at 7.30pm likely to feature England :(

If we can get it going though I'd love to be there, but might not make it. That's one of the things I hate about living in Kilkenny: nearly all Boards Beers are in Dublin :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I;d be up for this, assuming I'd be in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd give this a go as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Papa Smut wrote: »
    All suggestions for where welcome btw :)
    In this, somewhere down in Ireland:
    187209262_be0f94933c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't think Irish boxes have got the hang of Transdimensional thingy just yet.

Just need a back garden and one of these:

218_0177005A70UC495971X.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

ixoy wrote: »
    In this, somewhere down in Ireland:
    187209262_be0f94933c.jpg

Wow, I can see the localised spin-off already. Doctúir Cé! Starring Maidhc Dainín Ó Sé as An Doctúir, and Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh as his lovely companion, with the swooping electronic theme arranged for fiddle, uileann pipes agus an bosca ceoil!

I'd love to go to this meet-up, but alas I live all the way down in Cork. Bah. If somebody could give me a quick spin in their TARDIS I'd gladly join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

oh i am very tempted... i usually watch with my kids, but we will see..

last ep is called the Big Bang, BTW

dapoolrulz, you are welcome to call over to the vatican if all else fails, i am a mere half hour from kilkenny city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Hmmmmm.. Can I convince the wife to let me go to a Dr Who meetup on our wedding anniversary.. Doubt I could make it on the 26th myself but I love the idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow, I can see the localised spin-off already. Doctúir Cé! Starring Maidhc Dainín Ó Sé as An Doctúir, and Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh as his lovely companion, with the swooping electronic theme arranged for fiddle, uileann pipes agus an bosca ceoil!

I'd actually love to see that... Maidhc Dainín is a legend... :D

If I'm not working I'd be up for it, but chances are I'll have to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I think I can make it, work willing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dancingmonkey08

Oh hell yeah, this would be great! I have only two friends who like Doctor Who so it would be awesome to meet some of you fine people to have a chat about the finale! Where are we going to meet up though? I say somewhere in Dundalk!

And the Irish Doctor Who is a fantastic idea lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I think we might struggle to find somewhere to show this, as said above there will most likely be an England game on that night :(

Also the After Hours beers are on later that night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

This is a Fantastic idea I Love watchin doctor who And would like to Meet some Irish fans of the show As there is no fans of the show in my Area So i would love to meet people who like the show like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

I suggest calling this: The Doctor Who Rendez-Vous

y'know, cause it rhymes... And it's totally something 11 would say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Or Geroni-Moes :D

So who's going to do the organising?

He asks knowing there's only a 0.000001% chance of him being there himself :(

Keogg wrote: »
    I suggest calling this: The Doctor Who Rendez-Vous

y'know, cause it rhymes... And it's totally something 11 would say :D

Can I wear a bow-tie?
    Bow-ties are cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VicNoir

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Can I wear a bow-tie?
    Bow-ties are cool :D

Oh if this happens and I can go, I'm TOTALLY wearing a bow tie. And maybe bringing my sonic screwdriver, like a true Who nerd.

I love the way we're all such massive nerds no one realised there was a big game that night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VicNoir

I love the way we're all such massive nerds no one realised there was a big game that night.

Or cared.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

The game is only going to be a second round game so that should not be too much of an issue. Most pubs have several big screens so they should be able to accomadate us. (as a Coventry City fan I've had to share pub screens before!):(

Let's do it!

BDL

fond of pond:cool:

I'd be happy to host it at my apartment.

Have a decent sized living room with seating for around 12 people.

And people can head to the boards beers afterward.

Sure?

I'm still keeping my peelers open in the city, but if not:

Yep. And I've cleared it with 'her indoors' as well.

She owes me a Doctor Who favour as she set fire to my signed photo of Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen while I was out of the country.

She owes me a Doctor Who favour as she set fire to my signed photo of Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen while I was out of the country.

!!!

I know how much of a fan of Ms Sladen you are, you have my sincerest sympathies.

The Toto disk is ok, right?

!!!

I know how much of a fan of Ms Sladen you are, you have my sincerest sympathies.

The Toto disk is ok, right?

The photo itself seemed to be completely burn proof. The frame got destroyed though.

But anyone who comes over will be able to touch the photo of Ms Sladen if they so desire.

Are people still up for this? My offer to host still stands.

I'm about 3 miles out of the city centre, but am really well serviced by busses.

I'd suggest meeting in the Goblet pub at around 5. It's just around the corner from me.

I have to check what my hours are on the wards first but if they're good I'm there! With a bow tie possibly...

• Advertisement

I'll bring jelly babies because I'm old school!

Advertisement