Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to to get settings for 3 network

Options
  • 01-06-2010 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, I've just bought an n97 mini on ebay. It's on the vodafone network but I'm on 3, the phone is unlocked so it's accepting my sim & I can make calls but can't send texts eventhough i've manually changed the centres. I also don't know how to change the mms settings or the internet settings....can anybody help with this? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Thanks for the advice captain, i did all that & i'm now able to send texts but i'm still unable to browse the web or send mms. I even rang the technical support team & after being on the phone with them for nearly an hr & it still won't work :mad:
    So i guess now i'll either have to sell the phone or switch over to the vodafone thiefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks for the advice captain, i did all that & i'm now able to send texts but i'm still unable to browse the web or send mms. I even rang the technical support team & after being on the phone with them for nearly an hr & it still won't work :mad:
    So i guess now i'll either have to sell the phone or switch over to the vodafone thiefs!

You just haven't it set up correctly, you'll need to set up a new access point (3) the captain as already provided you with the settings.

If you can't do it your self take it into a store and they should be able to do it for you, vodafone put lot of junk and change icons etc on the phone, you'd be best get it debranded in the long run.

You just haven't it set up correctly, you'll need to set up a new access point (3) the captain as already provided you with the settings.

If you can't do it your self take it into a store and they should be able to do it for you, vodafone put lot of junk and change icons etc on the phone, you'd be best get it debranded in the long run.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I'm going to bring it into my local 3 store tomorrow & hopefully they'll be able to sort it out for me.
    I did ask the technical team about getting the phone debranded & possibly branded with 3 software but i was told it's not possible to do this as all this branding & software is loaded at the time of manufacture.....sounds a bit odd to me.
    I also rang the nokia support team & the guy told me that although the phone is unlocked it's quite possible that vodafone have some kind of lock in place regarding the browser & mms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

It is quite possible to change to another firmware. You need to use something called Nemesis Software Suite for that,where you basically change to another product code,meaning another version of the operative system with the branding you need. If you are going to do that I would suggest you to go for a generic product code, and then add the Three settings manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 3 do not offer the N97 mini. Probably not possible to change firmware for a handset they do not sell or support.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No, I DEFINITELY have the settings entered correctly & the Vodafone APN has been deleted, 3 is set as the automatic one. I can't figure it out at all! So, I give up....wasn't meant to be I guess! Returning it to the guy I bought it off & getting a refund (I think he's going to get a replacement one off Vodafone).
    But thanks for all the advice anyway :D:):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well he was querying how to get the firmware to a 3 branded firmware. I was just pointing out that it is not available on three. At least according to their website.

A generic one would be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No, I DEFINITELY have the settings entered correctly & the Vodafone APN has been deleted, 3 is set as the automatic one. I can't figure it out at all! So, I give up....wasn't meant to be I guess! Returning it to the guy I bought it off & getting a refund (I think he's going to get a replacement one off Vodafone).
    But thanks for all the advice anyway :D:):cool:

I wouldn't give up that easy if you want to have this phone. Wouldn't take long to get it sorted for anyone with a bit of knowledge. Debrand it anyway, thats the first thing i would do. If your not comfortable, take it to your local phone repair centre, and they should help sort you out. Let me know if your still having trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Try both 3internet and 3ireland.ie as apn.

Advertisement